About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year and My New Brother!


Sorry the post is late this week…We were out of town for Elder Lundy’s younger Sister’s wedding in the Salt Lake Temple.
Just Sealed for all time and Eternity!
Brother and Sister Strasser

 Happy New Year!

Sounds like you guys had a super busy holiday season!  We have to get going because of our curfew tonight..... Here is some of my letter that I wrote to President Carlos though. It has how my week went...

So this week was OK. We got hung up a lot with meetings and attending baptisms... We made a lot of progress in our finding efforts though. We found a couple of families with potential this week. We will be returning to them soon. Once again, as we focused our efforts on finding, I felt great! I felt like we were fulfilling our purpose. We were led to people and people were led to us. I felt the Spirit of Finding this week. Normally I feel like missionaries think Finding is an annoying task. They just want to go teach, teach, teach. But the problem is that if you don't strive to FIND those who are ready and have been prepared to accept the message of the Restoration, you have no one to TEACH. The two are directly related and affect your effectiveness as a missionary.
A scripture I studied this week while studying Finding is
D&C 100: 4-8
“Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls. Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; for it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
But a commandment I give unto you that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things. And I give unto you this promise that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say.”

These verses really affected the way I looked at Finding this week. I am here in Bagabag right now because it is expedient for the salvation of souls. I am here because there are people in this area that the Lord needs ME to find. There are those whom he has prepared and are waiting for ME to talk to them. They need Elder Lundy's testimony, personality, knowledge and experiences. As I follow the Lord's commandments in these verses to lift up my voice, speak the thoughts that are put into my heart, and to declare these things in solemnity of heart and the spirit of meekness the Lord will make me a tool in His hands to bring about the salvation of souls.
I will not be confounded by men for the Lord will show me what to say in the very moment I need. Then the Holy Ghost will be shed forth in bearing testimony of what I say. This is the solution to "hard areas." This is the solution to missionaries being bored in the work because they have "nobody to teach", or "nobody is progressing."
If we do our part, the Lord is going to bless us and either lead us to those that have been prepared, or he is going to lead them to us. They will recognize the truth of this message because of the Holy Ghost, and they will be truly converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ! There will be baptisms! That is every missionary’s goal! We will be happy in the work!

I love you guys so much and I will write more next week! :*
Have a great week you guys!
-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment