About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, January 14, 2013


Hello! :)

How you doing? This week was ok for me. We went on splits with the Solano 2 elders on Tuesday. I was with Elder Llorin, the district leader. He was amazing. He blew me away with everything. He just hit a year in his mission and doing great with Elder ------ (an American that doesn't feel like he wants help with Tagalog, but still can't speak much Tagalog after a year in the mission). That seems like forever ago now though. Elder Valdez and I have some good investigators and they aught to have a baptismal date this week. We have a mag-asawa and a tatay that is super-duper smart, and a couple part member families that we are working with. Our super smart tatay is the tatay of a 14 year old girl. This girl is a several time Philippines national chess champion... Her dad and uncle are her tutors. Her dad almost explained the Restoration to us and why the book of Mormon has to be true as we were teaching him about it. He did this as he was falling asleep as well after a long day's work with no sleep the night before. Dude is a stud! The work is progressing well. We are running out of time every day trying to get to all the people that we need to. All of our recent converts are doing well too. There are several RM's that are very grateful for one of our RC's conversion. You remember L---- M--------? She has several RM's that are trying to court her at the moment. One of them was even in our last lesson with her on Sunday and when she left the room, Elder Valdez and I had a little fun with him. He came all the way from Diffun, Santiago to come visit L----. No other reason for the visit. So Elder Valdez and I questioned him about what he was doing here and if he was going to date L----... it was hilarious. He started off saying yes, that was his intent, then got a little embarrassed and backed out of it as fast as he could saying they were just friends and met at a church dance... :) lol. He was a cool guy though. Already graduated from college with a degree in business. My only concern there is that L---- is only 19 still. She is smart though. No problem.

I have to admit that this week I have gotten the transfer jitters. I just love this area so much. I feel kinda attached to this zone as it is the second time I have been assigned here and I know and recognize members no matter what area I am in within the zone... It kinda started with all the members "wanting to have a family home evening before I got transferred." Then it just took off from there. To top it off, the AP's stopped by this morning on their way to Banaue. I was talking with Elder Needs and he brought up the topic of transfers and put the idea out there that I might be going to Tuguegarao next cycle. But that is just Elder Needs. He likes messin with people's minds when it concerns stuff like this. Gotta love the guy and the peace of mind he gives me. :) I’m super stoked that I get to go home with him now. He was the batch ahead of me at the MTC. Because of the date change, we go home together now. oh! I talked to president about school and stuff like that and it looks like my release date is now ----, 2013.... I’ve never been in an area more than 3 cycles and I’m not sure that this area is going to be an exception. We'll see what happens. The Lord knows where I need to be more than I do. I have wants, but my wants are not always what He wants, or necessarily what is good for me or the people I serve. The lyrics come to mind, "I'll go where you want me to go", as well as the scripture D&C 100: 4” Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.”

Thank you so much for the goodie box! :) The ham is good! :) I had fun and made a chocolate chip pyramid the other day too. :) I have pudding in the fridge right now too. :) I’ve been eating a ton of fried foods this week as well. I’m happy :)
 
 

The picture from the baptism is Sister Elvira....
 

Amanda Kuehn: I mailed your letter!!! :) Thank you so much for the package! You guys are so awesome and sweet! Love you guys! :)

Well, that’s about all I have this week. Not much is happening right now other than we have 2 splits scheduled this week.

I love you guys! :*

Have a great week!

Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment