About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013


Hello!

My week here in Bagabag.

Excerpt from my letter to President:

This week in Bagabag, Sister Bragado was baptized. She was super ready and excited. It was nice to see. The rest of the week was ok. Nothing really sticks out in my mind. We are starting over again in the area. Our focus is finding. We have investigators but only one is progressing, so we are focusing on trying to find those who will accept the message of the restoration. If we really focus on finding, Elder Valdez and I agreed, we are happier and more effective missionaries. It’s a good focus. That's why this past week I gave the zone an assignment to study the verses I shared with you last week (D&C 100:4-8) and to apply them in their work this week. I am happy to report that our zone lessons jumped up by 20 and our OYM's more than doubled. I'm not sure if it had an effect on them or if it was just a good week, but we did better this week. We put forth much more effort in OYM's. It’s progress.

Our proselyting this week was ok. We didn't find many people with potential this week. Our focus really was Sister Bragado's baptism.

Sister Carlos called me yesterday saying that the last package you sent finally got here. She said you sent it back in Nov. so she just wanted to let me know that they have it so you won't be worried or antsy or anything... I’ll get it sometime soon.

Am I well? Well, I am. :) No real problems. I’m starting to wonder what is going to happen to me on the 24th (transfer day) though. I’ve been here for 3 cycles now, which is the longest I have ever been in an area before now. Chances are high that I might transfer, but I don't want to. I want to stay right here. But I know that’s what I want and it may not be best for those I serve, or for me. So I do what the Lord says.

New Year’s Eve we spent at the apartment. I got permission to watch Rio, the bird/animation movie. Members brought us a ton of food and loaded up our refrigerator. we actually had food go bad before we could eat it. I also made no bake peanut butter chocolate cookies and funky Frito fruckies. It was a good night. :) Side note, yesterday I made peanut butter carmel popcorn and it was awesome! : )

Well, that’s me right now. I love you guys! :*

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment