About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, April 30, 2012


Hi!  :)




Manny and Elder Lundy




(Mom said to Elder Lundy – I saw that you had heat in the high 90’s this week with the heat index sometimes feeling like 115 degrees. Wow, how hard is it to move around with that kind of heat?)

Yah, its super-hot here, it’s only difficult around 12-3pm, when it’s at its hottest. The rest of the day is easy to manage. I handle the heat a lot better here than I do back home. I count it as a blessing. Not only do I handle it, but most days I’m alright, it doesn't affect me. I don't even really drink water all day either. Just recharge when I get back home. We can't carry or buy enough water, so it’s just easier to do it that way.

Our companion shirts turned out alright. The paint they used was expired so we are having them go over it again, but in a golden yellow. Its gunna look sick! :) I'm also having another shirt made. It’s a long story so I’ll share it with you when it is finished. ;)

(It’s hard to get the batteries they need over there so I asked if he needed some more)

My batteries are great. I’ve only changed the batteries in my clock once and my speaker once. I don't really use my mp3 player right now. I focus my music needs on primary hymns since I can now play them on my ukulele! :) I have the chords down for at least 4 different primary songs, some of which are "Love One Another", and "Book of Mormon Stories" :) its soo cool. I owe it all too Elder Rostedt. Without the chord chart and instruction he gave me before he transferred, I’d still be flopping around not knowing what I’m doing.

(Elder Lundy has had sinus trouble lately so I asked if he needed more medication.)

I’m good on sinus med's. The doctor put me on a nasal spray for like "the rest of my life" as he said. lol. But it’s starting to help. What I do need however is a saline nasal spray. They don't sell it here anywhere!!!!???? I can't believe it! Doc told me to use that as well, but never told me where to get it. lol.

Faith factor was a ton of fun. I snarfed graham cracker powder/bits up my nose while eating gummy worms! :) I’m getting a video of that ;) lol. You got to see it to understand it ;) the Shaners are awesome :) I love 'em. I was actually in the Breese's group since they are also awesome and are going home soon. So I wanted to spend some time with them. But hung out around the Shaners group too because of them and papa Schmidt was in their group and well, aside from Elder Hamblin, he's my best friend here.

Lastly, I met a little boy without a belly button and he is adorable.

That’s all I have this week. We’re going to banaue next p-day, just so you know. I’m not sure what time we are getting back.

Love,

Elder Lundy



No comments:

Post a Comment