About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23 2012 Solano Philippines...


Hi mom!

I’m glad you liked your birthday present! :) I don't know if you remember me talking about an American, Bro. Pete, a while ago or not, but he helped me get it.

(I asked Elder Lundy if it was alright to correspond with some of his old companions and some of the other Elders in his mission)
There are people here that don't get emails from family, like Elder ….. So it’s a good thing if you want to mail them. (If you would like to write the missionaries in his mission, use the address that you would use for Elder Lundy. Just put the other Missionary's name in the place of Chris' name and they will get the letter)

(I asked Elder Lundy about a video that was mentioned by a friend. His reply was) And as for the video...it was on the memory card I sent home that got erased in the mail. Sorry.

( Elder Lundy needed some items that he couldn’t find in the Philippines) Thank you thank you thank you for the package! I appreciate it Mom! :)

So this week, we rescheduled our weekly planning session so we could go help the Gutierrez family fix their fish pond. That is the family of the YM President I told you about a week or two ago. It was sick. I caught 2 fish by hand!!!

We are also reactivating a family and baptizing 2 of their children in mid may. I also met the funniest inactive today in the world. He follows the word of wisdom, but every time I see him, he just looks like a happy funny drunk! :) Just by listening to him speak you would say he is drunk, but he does the funniest things too. It makes me question him sometime, but there is never a dull moment when he's there.

Pres. Omanito is doing good. I actually went on splits with him this past Sunday. It was cool teaching with him. He lost his glasses though. : / At least he is well enough off he could buy another pair today.

A Branch member saw us walking at night and drove up beside us after tailing us in his van for a few minutes. Then reached out the window and grabbed my bag and started to drive away. When I realized who it was it was all good. It gave me a start though. I’m glad I didn't react like I would have before my mission though...

(I read Elder Daniels blog and was wondering how his adjustment to the new culture was coming along. Elder Lundy's responce.) Elder Daniels is doing good. I haven't seen them much though. We’ve both been rather busy. It was Elder Cruz’s birthday yesterday on Sunday though.

Elder Biating and I are actually printing companionship t-shirts right now. I’ll show you it after they are finished.

As for Nanay, she couldn't go to church this Sunday because she was sick. She might need a blessing, but we really aren't allowed to offer blessings to people. We may give them if they ask us for it, but otherwise it’s too much like soliciting. She’s OK though. We’re reading the book of Mormon through with her right now.

Well mom, I love you. It’s getting late. My computer once again is stupid and won't let me send pictures. I’ll get you some good ones soon. We got some from the fish pond! ;)

Love you all! :*

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment