About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, April 16, 2012

April in Solano

Hello!

I've been fighting with a freaking pangit (bad) computer for the past hour until it finally crashed on me and they were willing to transfer me to a new computer. Sorry if this gets cut short because of time...

I don't go to the mission home anymore. You are only allowed to go if you are close and can get back to your area on time, that’s not possible with this zone.

Right now it’s super-hot here. It hit 96 degrees F yesterday with a low of 82. I’d say that is hot. It feels just as bad right now, but hey, we work unless president tells us not to. From everything they say, this is the hottest month of the year. We get the rainy season after summer is over. Near the end of the year I think.

Work right now is ok. I hit a mental block a while ago and have been having trouble teaching. It’s been hard, but I finally overcame it this past week I think. My outlook on Filipino people changed along with it; or rather it was the reason of my change of mental blocked. Yup, English is getting ever harder...

We are teaching many less actives. That is our focus as missionaries right now. The area presidency has placed them at equal importance as our progressing investigators. They also made the bold statement that if we don't do this, and rescue our youth in the process, the church in the Philippines will be extinct in one year.

(Mom asked Elder Lundy about something she read in Elder Daniels blog… the question was about the water getting turned off and about the chickens that live behind them.)

So water and chickens at our apartment. The water gets turned off all the time because lines break and so forth. It also happens whenever we lose power. It’s just normal now. Sorry I forgot to mention it. lol. As for the chickens, I hate them. They are only roosters. They are raised for cock fighting. I’ll take a picture of them later today if I remember. They do look rather nice, but when you have to get up at 6:30 every morning, and they wake you up by 6 everyday, you don't like it. There was an elder here from southern U.S.A. that coined the phrase, "shut up, chicken!" said with a very heavy southern accent. It’s rather hilarious and have thought it many times.

The book got here just when I said it would. Thursday the 12th. It’s so cool! Thank you! I’m reading it a couple pages every night as I go to bed. The pictures are amazing!
Another Testament by Mark Mabry
President almost told me flat out in our interview Thursday, that I will be transferring at the end of this cycle.
Mom, about the croc's you sent me. I decided that they were too big for me to be able to really use while trackting, and I have no other use for them, so I gave them to Sister Carlos to give away to one of the American giants in our mission who can't find shoes here. I figured that is what you want, to bless others here instead of returning them. I hope this was ok with you.
Well, I have to go now. I love you guys! :*

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment