About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Week






Hi,

So "President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: The Merciful Obtain Mercy" was a great talk. That is actually one of 2 talks that I have already used to teach. I used it later that day actually.
I got to watch conference at the church here in Solano. We are the center of our District here, so all the other branches had to come here. :)
I absolutely loved conference. Just hearing the testimonies of all those giants boosts you up. It also made me realize several things. Some I knew, some I discovered. The thing that hit me the hardest was families. They taught many other things in conference, but almost everything was related to families. Things I realized: Family is most important to me here (on earth). My greatest desire for the rest of my life is to get married in the temple to a wonderful girl, have a family, be a temple worker, and find a job in the service of the church.
So Easter in the Philippines....well, I could hardly tell it was Easter to be honest. I didn't even remember till halfway through the day. Even after I remembered, nothing changed for me. I spend every day in remembrance of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for me. They do celebrate "holy week" though. It pretty much means it’s one of the 3 or so days a year they go to church here (Easter Sunday that is). So the whole week, many businesses shut down just because it’s an excuse to not have to work. If you walk by the catholic churches, which we did every day, you saw many small snack vendors and palm frond stands selling their wares on the steps of the church. It looked more like a fair. Yup, that was Easter for us.
So mom, about Elder Golightly, I haven't met him yet. But I have met his last companion Elder Daniels. :) Elder Daniels is actually Elder Cruz’s new companion. Elder Daniels just replaced Elder Rostedt in the apartment beneath us, the Solano 1 elders. He’s a nice guy.
Work was ok this week. We kinda came to a standstill with progress. None of our investigators came to church even though they were very excited to see the "prophet and apostles" we had been talking about. I’m learning a lot, and the boost of testimony I gained from conference is helping me be a much more bold and persuasive teacher. It feels good. I’m starting to not be as worried about what I say because I know when I start talking, my testimony is just going to start flowing out.
I love you! :* I hope you have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment