About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2 2012


 Included are parts of my letter sent to Elder Lundy: We have a game we play as a family. Saying “Rabbit” to an individual on the 1st of the month steals there luck for the month. So this month here’s what happened…

Mom – RABBIT!

So let me explain why I stole your luck for the month of April… I see it this way, everyone in the Family needs luck this month except me. So if I take everyone’s luck, everyone will be lucky.

That’s because I’m lucky when my family is lucky. Get the logic.  <3

Elder Lundy – I do get your logic, and I fully support you stealing my luck for the rest of my life. :)

Conference sounds like its gunna be really cool! I can't wait!

Mom – I’ve been wondering a few things. So I’m just going to ask.

When you teach… and ask the members or non-members to read from the scriptures, do you ask them to read in English or Tagalog?

Elder Lundy – When we teach, it’s completely in Tagalog. I can't really do it very well in English anymore. When we have them read, most of the time, they read in Tagalog unless for some reason all we have is English. Some ask for English, but it’s rare. The scriptures are very difficult to understand in Tagalog, and it’s not always an exact translation. It’s just the best that the language allows.

Mom – Which leads to my next question…When you are doing FHE with part and less active families with children, would it help to have “Book of Mormon Stories” which contain colorfully illustrated stories from the Book of Mormon, in Tagalog and English.

Elder Lundy – Don’t worry about the FHE's. Nothing that would work in America works here. We have to do it differently. It’s OK though. It’s teaching to their needs. It’s what we're supposed to do.There isn't anyone in specific that I need you to pray for.                                                                                            I haven't gotten your Easter package yet, but I probably will on Thursday.
Mom – Curiosity strikes again – In your current living conditions;
what is it like. Now that you’ve cleaned it up.
Do you have access to a washing machine or do you wash by hand?

Elder Lundy – Yup, I still wash by hand, and no, we haven't gotten...wait, I haven't gotten it all cleaned up yet. There is still a lot to take care of in the apartment. I will soon though.
I’m glad you guys got the package! That’s awe full nice of you guys to share the treats ;) I hope you enjoy your birthday present! I love you mom! I have to go! I wrote you a letter that I should be able to mail tomorrow!
I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment