About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1 2013



 Wow! Sounds like you guys had a great week! :) I’m a little jealous, but I could eventually make it back there on my own. (We went to Michigan's U.P.) I on the other hand have had almost 2 years here in the Philippines... that's a hard place to get back to... :) I'm glad you guys had fun and had a good break from everything. :)

1.   How is the training going?
The training this week was superb. We had a great time learning together. We had our "blahhhh" moments when we got sick of studying, but overall we had a successful week studying and practicing teaching the message of The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We both learned a lot. I combined a story/verse I found in my recent study of the Bible in John 7:16-17:"Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will , he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

to Moroni's Invitation in Moroni 10:3-5 "
Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
and Joseph Smith's story and it put a previously not progressing investigator to tears. She felt something... :) The winds are changing. We are starting to see little signs of progress in our ward. We have a vision and a goal for this next month. August is going to be a glorious month for Elder Laxamana here in Tuguegarao. July is member-prep month. :) :) :) The Broadcast last night was awesome!

2.   Are you Happy?
I miss President Mortimer. :) gotta love his catch phrase "are you happy?" yes mom, I am happy. I am rather healthy. I am doing my best and the ward is doing more than their share to make sure that we are kept well fed. :) take a look at the picture of a yellow sheet of paper. That’s my dinner calendar. Show that to your ward members and tell them these members have much less to give than they do... see what results you get for your missionaries. :)

I covered personal info for privacy.
Wow they are really feeding them. :)
3.   What new thing happened this week?
We met an inactive family with 31 members as tatay tells us. We are teaching them 2 times a week now and the ward looks super interested to help us. They are all volunteering to go visit this family. :) The broadcast on missionary work last night was awesome. It put things in perspective very well.

Additional info:
I bought a new belt because my old one had separated into 2 layers and looked really shabby. My new belt put a line of black around my polo. : P
I love you all very much! I must go now. I have things to do. :)
Love,

Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment