About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, June 24, 2013

Teach to Train and Train to Teach


Reading all the letters from family and President Carlos today was hard. I was pretty much holding back tears of joy and sorrow through the whole thing. It was a roller coaster. Wow! 
Questions:
  1. Tell us about your new companion?
Elder Laxamana is from Batangas. He is 20 years old. He had to wait for 7? months to get his mission call. He is remarkably an only child. He knows his purpose and his testimony is strong. This is gunna be a fun cycle. :) yeeeheee!!!!
  1. How is the OYM going for you?
I'm not sure if I understand this question... oym = open your mouth. It means talk to anyone and everyone that you see and share the gospel. My effort there is much higher than it used to be. We are seeing results from it. We have gained 4 new investigators over the past couple weeks because I opened my mouth. We are improving.
  1. Did you get to teach many lessons this week?
This week I was in Cauayan on Tuesday and Wednesday so we didn't have any work those days. Monday was p-day, so we only had a FHE. 7 lessons total.
  1. Did you get to say good bye to the Carlos’?
I had a couple moments with President Carlos while passing in a hallway in Cauayan. I just sent him a final email before he goes home. It’s been a little emotional around here.
  1. What new and wonderful things did you learn this week?
I learned that I didn't know what I was doing last time I trained Elder Ardon. haha. Poor kid. Glad he turned out alright! :) lol. Elder Laxamana will get a much better training. I also learned that I didn't know all the roads and shortcuts as well as I thought I did. We have been doing a lot of walking these past couple days and my back is getting a little messed up. But it’s ok. I'm doing rather well overall.
  1. Did you keep the baggage scale to weigh your luggage?
I didn't keep the scale. I would have, but the screen broke during my flight over to the Philippines. It wasn't usable. : / it’s ok. They have scales at the mission home that I can use.
  1. When will you get to meet the New Mission President? Will it be when you leave?
I get to meet President Rahlf within the first 2 weeks of July and then a last time when I go home for my final interview. 2 times, that’s all that I will get to talk to him I think...
  1. Will you be giving away most of your clothes before coming home?
I will most likely give away a lot of my clothes before coming home. If I can cut out a luggage on the way home, I’ll do so if it’s just clothes. There are a couple elders that I want to give stuff too as well... so... yup.
 :) love you guys! 
-Chris
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment