About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, June 10, 2013


My dear mother,

How are you doing? It sounds like you are happy. That sounds right in line with who I know you to be: a mother whose greatest successes lie in the successes of those she loves and has given her life to. It sounds like there are a good amount of successes happening in our family right now. I'm happy for you all and it brings joy to my heart that good things are happening with you all. :)
You asked some questions so let me try to answer some of them... well hopefully all of them to some extent...

  1. How is the work going?
Just pray for us. This is how the work is going right now.... Hey President, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Zone Conference. I need a boost. I know how important this work is. I want to do it. It’s killing me though how little is happening. We tract in the morning, we go to investigators and others we are trying to teach, we constantly ask for referrals, but in the end I can never teach. I'm willing to give everything to know what I’m doing wrong, or what I’m not doing that I need to do. There is still someone that I need to help, but I can't seem to find them. There is still something I need to do, but I don't know what. I feel like I have wasted a full cycle of my mission doing nothing, and here at the end of it right when I want to give 200%. It’s hard. I notice small miracles from our efforts, like when we found a new apartment last Sunday because we decided to go tracting before we went to church. I know the Key Indicators are important and when you are giving your best to not be discouraged, but when I only get to teach 4 lessons a week something is incredibly wrong. I think, "Maybe if I give just a little more I’ll find my best friend right around the corner just waiting for me to teach him."
I doubt you'll have the opportunity to read this before Zone Conference tomorrow, but I’ll still be waiting for my answer tomorrow. It never really matters if I voice to you the question, because through you the Holy Ghost always gives me my answer. I thank you for that, President. I love you. Thank you so much. See you tomorrow.


  1. When do Pres. and Sister Carlos leave?
President and Sister Carlos leave on July 1, 2013. They will spend an hour discussing mission affairs with President and Sister Rhalf and then leave for home.

  1. Last week you sent a picture of you in a cave? What’s with that picture?
The picture was taken just because it reminded me of the part of the movie "The Testaments" at the end with the bad guys all in a cave. I had also read a lot of the lines that they used in that cave scene the past couple mornings in my scripture reading so I just took it for laughs and giggles. That was part of our district field trip to Callao Caves in Penablanca, Tuguegarao. They have it there for presentations in the caves. I was facing a bunch of rock benches while standing in the picture...

  1. Why were you in a boat in the other picture?
To go to Callao Caves, we had to cross a small river in a boat. And that wooden "canoe" had a big motor on the back... haha :) true Filipino style. :)

  1. Is your health improving?
I'm getting bigger again and I can't stop! haha. All of my new shirts that I had fit are starting to get a little snug... they feed us sooooo much here that most of the time I just don't want to eat. It’s getting to a point where it is affecting our work. It’s ridiculous. Overall, I’m doing good. Just tired. Always tired.

I'm focused as I can be with everyone reminding me all the time that I go home in.... 50 days from today as my batch likes to remind us...I will not work like when I just got here. Mostly just because I followed and did nothing to contribute... but I’ll do my best ;)

I love you and I hope you all have another productive week! :*

Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment