About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, July 29, 2013

Last letter from Elder Lundy in the Cauayan Philippines Mission!

ELDER LUNDY RETUIRNS HOME AUGUST 1, 2013!

Mom, thank you.

I love you. You have been superwoman for me these whole 2 years. You have supported me in my ups and my downs. You never stopped. Not even when you needed help yourself. I love you.

Now, I’ll see you in a few days. Please don't be surprised if I come home with much much less of everything than when I came. There are needs here that I intend to fill.

In response to what I want to eat when I get home... I’m not worried. I’ve been in Tuguegarao for 3 months now. I’ve eaten much more than my share of hamburgers and junk food. I also gained 8 pounds back while here. I'm not sure how I’m gunna feel about food after such a long flight. All in all my flight time totals over 19 hours... just something simple. I would like to have a family Mexican night soon, but not right when I get home. I’m not sure I could handle it. haha. I just thought maybe a burrito, then I just realized that’s Mexican food pala... can we just do a stir-fry with chicken and veggies and rice? That sounds safe. 

I'll do my best to get the pictures you want before I come home. :)
(I suggested that he get a picture with his new Mission President, the Manila Temple and the MTC in Manila.) I don't know where I’ll be staying when I get to Manila...

Well, we have a lot to do. I am coming home, and we found out earlier that Elder Laxamana is transferred. We got pulled out! :(

So he needs time to pack as well.

Dad, 

Thank you for the many letters you have written me every week. Thank you for your example to me. I know you have said time after time that me being on a mission has given you strength to share your testimony.

Every time I have heard you do that, I see that you are so different from all the members I know that are too shy or afraid or unfocused to say a word. You have given me the strength to give my best. You have shown me an example my whole life. You have "raised me up in the way I should go, and I will not depart from it." and I thank you for that.

As I told mom, I need to get going so Elder Laxamana can pack as well.
I love you Dad. :* see you soon! 

I love you guys! See you soon! :*

-Elder Lundy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment