About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Mission is growing!


I hope you liked the letter I sent you from President Carlos. :) I sure did.

(President Carlos' letter tells about the changes that will occur with all the new Missionaries that will shortly be entering the mission field. Here's part of the letter..."1. The Philippines Area will receive an additional 804 missionaries. There is an average of 188 missionaries per mission so that number is more than the equivalent of 4 missions! No mention of new missions being created as of yet, but you see the writing on the wall.

2. The Philippines Cauayan Mission presently has a complement of 180 (that's how many we are supposed to have if all of our slots are used. Right now, we have 150 missionaries). Our new complement is now 250!. That is 100 more than we have now. While the missions around greater Manila (Manila, QC. QC North) maintains their current complement, our mission along with the other "provincial missions" are going to receive the bulk of these increase.")


 I was flipping out when I read it. I feel like I only know a 1/4 of the mission as it is. It’s about to get really BIG! :)

The work is going well. I thought at first it wasn't going well. We only got 9 lessons this entire week. But it was good pala. We had a baptism of one of our investigators. Sister Shaner should be putting something on her blog about it. ;) We had a bunch of people at church as usual.
This week in particular was super busy.
Starting last Monday was p-day.
Tuesday-district meeting,
Wednesday- normal,
Thursday- weekly planning,
Friday- observe weekly planning in 2 areas,
Saturday- our baptism and we went to a baptism in bayombong,
Sunday- normal,
today- pday again,
tomorrow/Tuesday- district meeting again,
Wednesday- farewell fireside for my tatay Elder Schmidt,
Thursday- transfers in Cauayan,
Friday- weekly planning........... It just never ends for the ZL's:) hahaha

Fun- I ate 1/4 of a 20'' pizza and only had to pay 50 pesos for it! :)

The Shaner's also brought a ton of stuff for our house. We were missing a ton of stuff...

Yup! :) We share a house with Elder Makiling and Elder Dixon. There are 4 of us. :) It’s fun.

I never go to the mission home now unless we absolutely need to, like for training and zone leaders council and transfer day.

Fun fact, when you use a washing machine to wash your clothes here, you spend just as much as it would cost to buy new garments....might as well just buy new ones and not waste your time washing! :) lol

OK, well I got to get going! I love you guys! :* have a great week!

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment