About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, November 5, 2012

Farewells and the work continues


Hi,  :)
This past week has been challenging with transfers and the farewell fireside. It was weird seeing Elder Schmidt go home. It was hard on the work, time-wise, as well. BUT, we are still having progress with our investigators. Our 3 tatay are doing rather well. R-- and his son A----- got moved back to Dec. 1. They missed church once. They were really sad, but are still excited and KNOW the church is true. I feel like Bro. R-- and A----- would have been ready by their date. Bro. R-- has an especially strong testimony. He knows the church is true. He just ran into trouble getting to church once because of the business
he owns. We are having him wait because this isn't the first time this has happened with his church attendance... Our other tatays are also moved back, one(Bro. R-----d) because he was having a little trouble with receiving an answer to his prayers, the other(Bro. H------) because he is very slow on the pickup and has word of wisdom problems. On the Less-active side of things, we should have 2 more tatays return to activity next week. The area is doing really well and we are really starting to get the support of the members in our lessons. We also contacted an amazing referral this past week, Bro. -.-. The last person I met like him was inactive, had word of wisdom problems, and law of chastity issues. When his father died, he turned his life around. He became active, dropped all of the worthiness issues, served as ward mission leader until he was able to serve a mission. When I look at -.-., I see that same person. There is a specific resemblance in their looks and the fact that both of their tatays died recently....I'm excited for the work this cycle. :) So, within the next week or two, pictures should be on the way. :) I found DVD’s to use and a picture developing shop willing to put all my pictures on the discs :) About "this stuff below" in your letter...yes, I do like it. I usually find that it is really  applicable to my current situations in the mission. Especially the spiritual thoughts... I don't really look at the weather anymore though. I just know how the day is going to go by looking outside. It’s more fun just letting it be a surprise now... I need to go now to get my pictures ready for the printing shop to burn to my discs...

I love you mom. :* I hope you feel better soon. I’ll be praying for you.

-Elder Lundy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment