About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, November 19, 2012

2nd Thanksgiving in the field


Hello!  :)

This week was a good week. Work this week seemed too short. I feel like Monday should be another couple days away.

Last week, Elder Caoayan and I fell short of our Zone/Mission Goal of 20 lessons and 20 oym’s. This week we started off slow, at least for the oym's. Around Thursday night we realized we only had 1 oym and 10 lessons. We decided to take some action. The result, we met our goal of 20 lessons exactly, and fell just short of 20 oym, ending with 19. The more we strove to meet our goals, the more we looked for and saw people to teach. As we looked, we saw more opportunities, we taught more lessons, and we obtained new investigators, and we ultimately fulfilled our purpose. I wasn't ready for Monday to come because I was happy in the work and I just wanted to keep going. Preparation Day became a distraction that I didn't want. Up until now, I never thought I would say those words...

You know, as I gain more experience and learn and grow, all my leaders just keep getting smarter and smarter. The same thing happened with my parents ; )

As I finished my letter to President Carlos about our work this week, I said this to him:

I'm reminded of the words/catch phrase of my old bishop, now Stake 1st Councilor, President Mortimer, "Are you happy?"

The answer to that question depends on how you use your agency. My answer right now as a missionary is yes. Why? I worked and gave my best these past 3 days. I used my agency in the way the Lord would want. I am happy.

Elder Caoayan and I have our first Zone Meeting tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Sister Carlos has prepared a guide of lessons for District and Zone Leaders to use to teach their lessons. It is to develop a Mission-wide training schedule for the missionaries. It takes all of the challenge out of making a district/zone meeting. It also takes away a lot of the learning on the part of the district and zone leaders. I'm disappointed about that. I liked it better the hard way, back when I was first made district leader. I think it would be better if they just gave us the topic to prepare, but I guess this is what the missionaries need. Heavenly Father knows best, and I trust the Carlos' to do what He wants them to do.

So it just started raining. Hardcore. Dang it. All my clothes are hanging out side to dry as I washed them this morning. At least I used fabric softener with and anti-bacterial in it. They won't smell, but I’ll have to hang them in front of a fan all night to dry. : P

So funny story, S—D------ is the oldest daughter (21 years old) of H------ D------, one of our investigators with a baptismal date. On fast Sunday, she got up and bore her testimony. She talked about how we just baptized her best friend, sister L---- M-------- and how her dad is getting ready to be baptized and how Heavenly Father answered her prayers. When people get nervous or cry, they have reactions. A lot are almost unnoticeable Sister S-- however had a hilarious reaction. : ) Whenever she started to cry, or got nervous (as this was her first time ever talking at the pulpit on Sunday) she would promptly crouch/duck down behind the pulpit. She would usually stay there for 5-15 seconds then pop back up and start talking like nothing happened. She did this several times. The next Sunday she was a speaker in sacrament. I was also a speaker. Yes, she did it again. : ) Only this time I got to see her the whole time. I almost bust out laughing the first time as I wasn't expecting it. Thankfully she was facing the other way when she ducked down and didn't see me. :) She is a great girl. Oh! She has also decided to serve a mission and her dad is going to let her! :) Most parents who are not members tell their kids they have to finish college first. Bro. H------ on the other hand gave her permission. :) Tatay is progressing! :)

I hope you like the pictures. I don't think I mailed you these... I don't know.

The one with me and Schmidt is at his farewell. They took it while I was still crying. It doesn't show too much though.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The one with me, 2 elders and a sister is a family photo. she’s our Nanay in the mission. She ended her mission with 3 of her sons in the same zone.
The 3rd picture, I don't remember what it was. I hope you like it though...

I love you mom! In the words of an inspired man, "Are you happy?"

Have a great week! :)   : * Ingatz Palagi

-Elder Lundy

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!!! : )

Love you all!

This year, I thank the Lord for two blessings in particular.

One: my mission.

The other, YOU! :* I miss you guys! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Just a thought, a combined letter from family and friends would be sick. ;)

Love,

Elder Lundy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment