About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, November 12, 2012

Zone Leader council


Hey,

Yup I heard the news. I was in zone leader’s council when the voting was being counted. (USA elections) President Carlos kept giving us updates so we would know what was happening. That is some good advice for H------ D------. I realized much the same things this week during our weekly planning for him. If we rush him, he will not be converted. He will only answer the questions. To help convert him, we need the Lord's blessings. A blessing is a great idea... I don't know why I didn't think of it before...

I think the elders in my zone right now are doing pretty well. You do more than enough, mom. I’ll let you know if there is a need though. Diana’s marriage is going to be fine Mom. Don’t worry about it. As long as the ceremony happens in the temple and they are both worthy and ready... nothing is wrong. Nothing could be more right. Nothing else matters. Don’t stress it. I’m learning more and more on my mission that if nothing is wrong, there is nothing to be fixed. There are always little things... but what really matters to our Heavenly Father? The parties, celebrations, the food, decorations, or as a missionary... who's name goes first on the teaching record, who is the "senior" companion, who's opinion is right, etc... Those things DO NOT MATTER. We do things the Lord's way, and that brings happiness that no party or "triumph" in a contest of opinions can bring. I honestly don't know why I said that, and I know you already know that... but it is true nonetheless.

That’s crazy about their snow. Amanda sent me pictures... I’m sitting here in the computer shop burning up. It’s probably about 90 degrees in here and the fan doesn’t ever point at me...: P it’s so weird that people have snow when I’m sitting here and my blood is boiling. I’m afraid of snow when I get home. I’m gunna die my first winter home...
 
So I was a surprise concluding speaker this week in sacrament. I found out Saturday afternoon at lunch so I had at least a couple of hours to prepare. I spoke on The Book of Mormon. It was really good. It was probably one of the best talks I ever gave. I forgot my Tagalog book of Mormon so I just used my English. I first reviewed the introduction to the book of Mormon. That’s the funny awesome part. I had just finished saying that I forgot my Tagalog BoM, and then I immediately read the first paragraph of the intro and translated it word for word perfect into Tagalog as I read it. Translating from a book is so much easier than a running translation of what people say. I translated for Sister Carlos and the couple missionaries a few times... gosh that was hard. After I defined what the BoM is, I used verses from the book of Mormon to show why we had this additional record and why the prophets had written it, its purpose as pertaining to our belief in a Christ, and why we need to read and study them, and what they mean to us as LDS's with a belief in the restoration of the church of Christ through Joseph Smith. Some of the verses I used were:
 
1Nephi 19:23 "And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.",
 
2 Nephi 32:3 "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.",
 
and others. my main source was the writings of Nephi... my favorite part was when I explained that we have the scriptures, and more especially the book of Mormon, to convince us and help us believe in the Christ that was to come to redeem the world if we but followed his commandments.
 
The faith of men is weak if we have not proof. The book of Mormon is proof.
It is the words of Christ through his holy prophets unto the salvation of souls if we but obey his words.
How can we know his words, how can we obtain salvation if we don't read the words of Christ?!
How can we strengthen our faith if we won't read?
How in the world will we know what to do if we won't use the guide the Lord has given us?!
 
It was a great talk. I felt the Spirit so strong. President Quinones had to have a member give me a "times up" gesture to get me to stop. :) lol.
 
It is times like that that I am happy to rely on my own experience and the experience of our family to teach with power and authority.

Thank you very much for the packages you have sent! :) I’m super excited to get them! :)
Mom, I love you very very much! Get better and have a great week! To be honest, I just feel lucky to have you. One of the sisters in my zone had a mother that passed away this week. she is remaining in the mission to continue the work, as that is what she believes is what her mother would want her to do...I’m glad to have a mother that I know would feel the exact same. I love you Mom. Feel better soon!

Love,
Elder Lundy


No comments:

Post a Comment