About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, May 28, 2012

Paddad to Angadanan for now...

Hey! :)
A is Paddad and B is Angadanan

The ward back home is really changing! I’m not gunna recognize it when I get back. Heck, they aren't gunna recognize me either ;) I got the chance to weigh myself this past week at the mission home and I found out that I now weigh -----.  I couldn't believe it! I’m still shocked about that...

YOU HAVE TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR BIKE-OFF GOES!!!! :D          (Elder Lundy’s Dad and Sister have a bike challenge between the two of them)
This sounds awesome. I wish I could join you guys! I wanna see what I can do now. I’ve lost 35 lbs. and my legs have beefed up like crazy. :)

About the pool table...I thought better about buying the pool stick. I didn't buy one. I haven't even played it once yet. And now I’m in a different area for a while so my first won't be anytime soon. Sister Carlos warned me about getting wrapped up in it too last week. Apparently it’s happened to a bunch of elders...it’s cool though. I’m kinda over it now.
As for the tricey accident, don't worry. I remember reading you a certain blessing in the past that said I will have safety in my travels where ever I go. ;)

Anyway, the "more details" part about why I went to Cauayan... Elder Forrest isn’t here...he is in Manila. He needed a doctor. So, I am in a tri-some with the only other elders in my district. Elder Valdez (American and going home at the end of June, so he is super astig) and his anak that he is training, Elder Samar (Filipino with a touch of American gangster, it’s funny and cool. :)) We are in Angadanan right now. I'll be with them until Elder Forrest comes back to Paddad or goes home to get fixed up. So it’s kinda a wait and see kind of game. So for now I am in Angadanan. If he gets better, I get Elder Forrest when he comes back. If he doesn't, I get a new companion when he goes home. PRAY YOUR GUTS OUT FOR ELDER FORREST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Elder Valdez, Elder Samar, and I just got back from Santiago. I am having some clothes made. Elder Valdez knows everyone and everything about getting clothes made here, so he showed me the ropes. He’s been using the same places nearly his entire mission. They love him. He’s brought them a ton of business.
President Arcinas (Paddad branch)is a good guy. He is also really young. Late 20's I believe. We don't really work with him, but he has a great hold on the new missionary purpose here and is fulfilling his duty to it better than anyone else I have seen. I really love the Ramos family that lives next door to them. They are just superb people. We usually eat dinner at their house on Sunday nights. The past 2 Sundays it has been raining hardcore, so it would have been really hard to eat there. We just figured dinner was off. Both times tatay walked over to our apartment in the rain carrying dinner for us and served us at our apartment. They are amazing people. This area is rich in recipes for me to collect. I’ve already gotten one great one, and am waiting until I can make Tatay Casabuena's dish with him to learn it. He won't just give it to me. He says I have to make it with him :) lol

I love you! :*

I hope all is well! :*

No comments:

Post a Comment