About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, May 21, 2012

Where is Elder Lundy...

Hello!  : )

(I told Elder Lundy He was looking a little thin. Asked  him how much he weighed now, his response was…)

As for how much I weigh, I was unable to weigh myself while in Cauayan on transfer day. But as to how I look and feel, I believe I weigh right around --- lbs. I’ll have to try and find a scale though. I’m not sure.

My new companion is, Elder Forrest, from Provo, UT.
Elder Forrest and Elder Lundy On P-day.
My new area is Paddad, in the Alicia Zone.

This is my 3rd area.
My new area is rather awesome. It’s right outside of the Cauayan Zone, so it’s really close to the Carlos'. I like that. President and Sister Carlos have a very big influence here in my branch, so it’s very strong and flourishing.
My next door neighbors are the 2nd counselor in our district presidency (who also happens to own our apartment), his son the Branch President of the Paddad Branch, and one other member family, the Ramos' Family.

We also have a pool table right outside our front door that we are welcome to play on anytime we want. : ) As for the area, I haven't gotten to see much of it yet,…, but what I have seen is a lot of flat rice fields. To describe the shape of our area, imagine a football field with the white lines drawn in every 10 yards. Now draw a line straight up the middle of it. That is the National Highway. In between every white line is a barangay, or neighborhood. That is pretty much how my area is arranged. The houses are all clustered by the highway, and all the rice fields take up the space farther away from the highway.
…We went to church on Sunday, and it was the closest thing to home I have seen since I got here, even back when I was stationed in a ward in Ilagan and not a branch.

One super awesome part about my area, there are lots of well off people. They are well off because they are doing the simple basic things of the gospel as a family every day. And because they are well off, they want to give back too and one way is through serving the missionaries. If I don't want to, I don't ever have to cook another meal until I leave Paddad. We have a regular meal schedule where we have set appointments every day for lunch and dinner. That’s right, Every day, Lunch AND Dinner. IT’S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know how I talk about the American here, Bro. Pete...well, Bro Pete struck again. He brought our zone homemade meatball sandwiches last Tuesday. He drove all the way from Tuguegarao down to Solano just to bring us sandwiches he made. (That distance crosses our entire mission the long way...) the man is an angel!!! I love him!!!

I love you guys! :*
-Elder Lundy

P.S.

I can't remember if I told you about the tricey accident I got into...we were on splits last Sunday in Solano. … It was dark and raining and ----- didn't see this random block of cement on the side of the road. The side car went up onto the cement, but -----  and I were heavy enough that we tipped it over on top of us. I was on the back of the motor and jumped off really quick but the roof over the motor came down on top of me. ----- got his leg stuck underneath though, so before we were even really stopped I was supporting the motor on my back by the hood. The 2 people in the side car were fine. ----- had a slight limp for a day or so but there were no real injuries. No blood. All is well. : )
Well, that’s all I think. Well, I’m off to buy a pool stick. : ) With the new area, I have a new p-day activity : ) lol

Love you!  :*
The roosters that lived behind Elder Lundy's apartment in Solano


No comments:

Post a Comment