About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


We are truly thankful for all that is available so that we can stay in touch with Elder Lundy.
Emails, snail mail, and on Christmas and Mother’s Day Skype!
We were able to talk to Elder Lundy via Skype for a while on Mother's Day!

We had a little trouble getting started…about 2 hours after our set time to skype;
we finally made a connection with him.

We talked of Family and Friends and events.
Elder Lundy was sorry that he couldn’t talk to his big Sister and her family.
Also, he wants Amanda and Taylor to know he says Hi too!
There were too many names to list all of them separately,
but Elder Lundy says Hi to all his Family and Friends.

Elder Lundy was recovering from a week of sickness. Fevers, chills and other unfortunate conditions caused him to have a difficult week.

However we are happy to report that he is on the mend and that he thought this week should be a better week.

We learned that you truly can get comfortable with extremely hot weather, even if you are from the Midwest. The temps have been in the high 90’s and 100, and amazingly, he said he was cold! Granted he was in an air conditioned cafĂ© at the moment, so we asked him at what temperature he was comfortable and he said that over 85 degrees was much better. Anything under that and he was feeling cold. Lol I guess cold is relative. Anything in the 80’s or 90’s never sounds chilly to me. : )
____________________________________________________________

Here is a short letter we received an hour and a half after our connection was ended due to another brown out:
Hi ,
I'm sorry about what happened earlier. We had a stupid brown out! : P that’s the reason why I got on late this morning too. We had a brown out starting right when I got my skype set up to go... and then another one when we got disconnected. I feel pretty bummed I didn't get to say goodbye. I’m still happy that I got to talk to you guys though. I wish I could have talked to Amanda and Todd and Caleb and Madeline too...
So the first picture with me and Nanay is Nanay Pancho. My adoptive Nanay (lola talaga) I thought you might want a face to go with my stories.

I also want to thank you guys. You spoil me to death. I know all the packages aren't cheap. I really appreciate all you are doing for me, and all you guys are doing to help the work along there at home. As a song by josh groban I am listening to right now says, "Please don't keep your heart hidden away."
I love you guys! Show the world who we are. Every member a missionary. (Eric, you have time for school clubs and such...have you gone on splits or worked with the missionaries yet?)

Love you all!
-Elder Lundy

ps. I have our comp phone right now and we just got a text from the zl's. Since we have a weird transfer this cycle, it’s a day early; they had to announce the list early for us all to be able to pack. Half of our zone is being transferred, including me. Next email you guys get will be from my new area with my new companion....I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Earlier, when I didn't really know Elder Biating, I would have been fine with it. But we're friends now...
I’m not sure I want to transfer : ( well, so be it. It’s what the Lord wants. It’s what I’ll do.
Love you guys!
I didn't get a chance to say it earlier since I didn't say it right away... but Happy Mother's day. : *
I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment