About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, November 28, 2011

Post Thanksgiving letter


Hello! :)

So the pictures I am including were taken this past week. I don't know why but my camera always seemed to be out...

a picture of a carabao (English spelling). It just looked like a big dog in this picture and I thought it was funny so I’m including it.


a normal picture of a carabao. Just for reference, I ordered a belt made of this animal's horns. I should be getting it this week so I might be able to include pictures for you next week.


This is me, Jason, and elder Schmidt. Jason is currently our ward mission leader. He is 20. He is also leaving for his mission to Davao, Philippines on December 1st! :) Congrats to him, but sad for us. Walang Kaming ward mission leader na. (We don't have a ward mission leader now.)


Our family Christmas picture. :) left to right: me, Elder Jackson, Elder Hardman, and Elder Schmidt. I’m in a really weird apartment because we're 4 Americans. It’s like the only apartment in the mission with only Americans. But it’s really nice. We’re all close even if there is some tension every now and then about food. We are all 20-23 year old boys after all.  


I’m glad you guys had fun at thanksgiving! :) I appreciate the photo! That group looks so much smaller than it used to though. On the flip side, that is really cool that they had a group the same size in Provo. I’m glad they got together. :) The Mission President stressed the need to give thanks for all we have in his letter last week. Having family time shows appreciation for one of The Lords greatest gifts, the family.

 I actually put a little effort into food this week and I had fun with it. I made fried cabbage, but couldn't find the right sausage to go with it, so I fried up some ham and mixed it into the cabbage. We put it over rice. (Anything you put over rice is called ulam). The other thing I did was I made a double batch of no bake cookies. The chocolate peanut butter recipe you gave me. :) We loved them! Even with all the food I ate this week, I still managed to lose another 2 lbs.! I don't understand that one. O.o?  :) I’m going to be making pirogies this week! :) I’m really excited for that. :)

Elder Schmidt and I are doing something new. First off, he is being made district leader this next cycle. We are staying in the same area. The new thing is that we are going to be teaching a new recent convert/less active/investigator class every Sunday at church. I started reading the gospel principles book a couple days ago, and I ought to be finished with it on Wednesday or so. We are going to be using it to teach our class. I’m kinda excited for it. That is a really good book. I’m really enjoying reading it. It clears so much up and points out so much that you never realized. I like it a lot and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a stimulating book for growth in, learning, and understanding of gospel doctrine.
Oh! A baptism is scheduled for December 24th and confirmation on Christmas day! :) The Brother is so excited! I got to offer the invitation for him to be baptized. It was so cool :)

 I’m really excited for Christmas and New Years here. It should be a ton of fun. :)

Well, I gotta go get to work now. :) I love you all very much!!!


Love,

Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment