About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011 - A really crazy week


Picture of the week. Thank you Elder Hamblin! Playing Jenga

HI!!!!! :)
This has been a really crazy week. Elder Schmidt had to start his duties as district leader early, since he was replacing out last District leader, Elder Cajumban. Elder Cajumban, who was Elder Hamblin’s last comp, was just made our 3rd AP. (one AP is going home next week. The other in January) Elder Hamblin is training now. He’s doing great. They have 3 baptisms coming up this month! We’re mixing up some ideas about a district wide baptism on the 24th. Possibly 6 people all on Christmas Eve, confirmed on Christmas. It has the opportunity to be really cool. We just have to work it all out.

Thank you so much for the recipes! :) I’ve been a busy cooker this week. I made my pirogues last night and we are having them for dinner tonight! :) I also made small patties from the remaining mashed potato mixture and I coated them in a batter I made and fried them up. It was a lot like a homemade tater tot. We all loved it! I’m surprising everyone here with what I can do. Heck, I’m surprising myself! And it’s all thanks to you! :) I also discovered a new food. It is called Loaded. It is loaded with a ton of yummy goodness that I am sure is not healthy, but it is the best thing I have eaten here so I don't care.

Today was an exhausting day. We went to Angadanan we had to cross 3 zones to get there. The AP’s drove us most of the way. It’s amazing how many elders fit in the flatbed of a small truck.) and played flag football, and rugby. We’re all sore and tired but nobody got seriously injured. So it was a good day.

Thank you so freakin much for the music, mom and Diana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I had to change what format they were in, but you seriously made everyone here super jealous until I said I would share. :) We really enjoy it.
"Pre-Christmas" in ilagan is a joke. They just start Christmas early. There is no "pre" it was going full tilt the week I got to the Philippines! :) lol

Our less actives are responding well. We are really close to getting the father the priesthood. He has a strong desire. It was just like he was waiting to be invited to change. You can tell he wants this for his family. We taught a lesson about the temple, and it’s their family goal to get there and be sealed. He’s actually given us a few free tricey rides when he was out and found us. He looks for us now. Over all, the work here is really hard. There are really good people here. The work is just finding them, and not getting discouraged when we can't seem to find anyone with a desire to change.

Today is the start of my second cycle as a missionary.

I gotta go teach a couple lessons now. I wish I had a little more time today. :/ oh well.

I love you all very much and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tell everyone thank you for the emails. And that I always have time to read them. And I appreciate them sooooooooo very much. I love you all.

Until next week,

With all my love-- Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment