About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12




Hello! :)



You’re right mom that is exactly when I do my emailing. And you are right again. Things are really busy here with all the Christmas programs and baptisms in the mission.

So many things have happened recently. I taught a couple awesome lessons. :) I went on splits as a senior companion to a Filipino who has only been in the mission for 6 days. I’ve lost more weight so I am having 2 of my shirts fitted for 4 dollars. I've slimmed down and toned up. I'm having 4 inches around the waist of a couple shirts removed.. lol. And I get them back the next day, sooo, tomorrow. lol. :) I got my Kalibaw belt from bro. Pete this past Tuesday! :) It is so cool!!!! I’ll have to include pictures of it next week since I’m not prepared to do so now. We had a record breaking 50 oym's this week. oym's are pretty much the contacts you have when tracting. We busted out 30 of them in 2 days. It was crazy. We normally only get 25 or so a week.

We now have 2 investigators being baptized on the 24th, and confirmed on 25th. The sisters in our district have a couple on that date as well, so I think we are combining. It ought to be really cool! After doing splits with a native Filipino, I feel a lot more confident in my Tagalog. I was able to talk to him all day. There are still a lot of words and phrases I don't understand, but I have basics down and can communicate somewhat effectively. It’s nice. It’s still soooooo much easier to talk in Tagalog when I am teaching though.

Well, I am running really late today and have to go. I’ll send more next week when I don't have to fight my computer to get it to do anything... :/

To everyone:

Who are you now? What kind of person are you turning into because of the choices you are making? Remember, even if you aren't wearing the tag of a missionary, you still represent Christ, whether you are a member of his only true church on this earth, or not. You are all children of our God and should act like it. I love you, God loves you...it’s like Josh Groban says; "You are loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment