About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, November 7, 2011

Mission Home Pictures


Mom said:  The time difference between us now is 14 hours. We just changed our clocks this morning. President and Sister Carlos mailed us a letter with contact info and also telling us how happy they were to have you in the Mission. They enclosed a picture of the two of them and you. It brings a smile to my face.
Sister Carlos, Elder Lundy, and President Carlos
Thanks for the time difference notice mom :) I was wondering about that actually. I'm glad the Carlos' sent you that letter with the pictures. They gave me a copy of them too. As per the size difference...yes. It’s always like that. I haven't met a single person here my size. I met one man who was my height two Sundays ago. Plenty of people are as big around as me, but they are always like a half foot or a full foot shorter. The average person here only comes up to my neck/chin area.
That is awesome about Scott! :) tell him congrats for me! And good luck with the language ;)
Scott received his Mission call!!!
Mom’s questions:

1. How is the Nanay's family doing this week? (The family with 2 inactive sons and Nanay not a member?)
The Nanay's family is doing well yah. Her son is doing well. We worked a lot with him this past week. We taught about 10 lessons with him. His family is still accepting lessons, but only nanay is getting much out of the lessons.

2. How is it going with the Pebenito family?
The Pebenito family is coming along. We had to take a step back and reteach some lessons, but I think they are starting to get it. They can definitely feel the spirit when we are there. Sadly, it’s rained the past 2 Sundays and rain is an automatic excuse for Filipinos to do nothing and just sit at home. So they didn't come to church either Sunday.

3.   Did Tatay Delfin's wife come to church this week?  Do they have any children?
Nanay Delfin hasn't attended a lesson since she promised to come to church and didn't. Tatay's family pretty much told him that they are all catholic and should stay that way. So he has stopped taking lessons for now so as not to break his family apart. He says he still knows it is true and wants to be baptized but he has to work things out with his family first. They have 2-3 kids. I’m not sure, they never come to lessons.

4. How often do you need to ride a tricey?

We tricey at least every other day. We do it when we have to get somewhere specific fast. But they are more expensive so we try to stay away from them. Also, they are the only transportation running at night. All the jeepneys shut down by 7 or so. So if we are far away from home at night we have to take one to get back home on time.

5. What are you eating besides rice? What do you put on your rice?
Well, everyone says I’m not eating enough, and I guess they are right. The belts I came out with are now all 2 inches too big on me, and my abs are starting to show (only the top ones). But we only eat rice when we want. It’s a nice area and we can get most of what we want here. I made a fried rice dish with a sweet chicken longisa, egg, and rice. It was pretty good. Other times I usually just put some creamy soups over rice.

Side note: we ate dinner at a member’s house last night. I ate a truly Filipino meal for the first time! :) They made tilapia baked in a potato and vegetable mixture. The tilapia was left whole so it was a fun experience eating it. I’m glad I worked with fish with you before though. It helped dissecting it much easier. They had a soup and fried eggs to go on the rice too. It was great. Down side...everybody here, unless they are rich, have us eat with our hands. Do you know how hard that is to eat rice and other stuff, that doesn't stick together, with your fingers!?!?! Not easy! But fun none the less :)

 6. Is it true that you can't get milk there?

We can get weird types of milk, but not milk like you can buy back home. They have powdered milk you can get though. I don't bother with it.

7. Will you have Elder Schmidt as your companion at the conference at the mission home in December? In other words when are transfers I figure Schmidt will leave the area since he arrived in June or was that July?

Since elder Schmidt is on the new training schedule with me. We will be together for twelve weeks in this exact area. So until partway through January.

8. Your apartment looks pretty nice and clean...that is all except your bed room. Hummmm ; )

What happened? 

About our apartment, we had just finished cleaning it on p-day and we were doing laundry at that moment. ;) but I am told that we have pretty much the nicest apartment in the mission with running water, 2 showers and toilets, and a microwave.

 P.S. Does it help to get the weather report for your area?

The weather reports help a lot. Thank you! I will do my best to remember to let you know how long it takes to get mail. I have a saying that I use with people here in the Philippines...."if you do your best, god will do the rest." it’s as true as I am a missionary. I love you! Have a good week!

The 3 Birthday Elders and their Companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment