About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6 2012 It finally got there...


Hello! :)

Things are really busy around here. We are teaching an average of 45 lessons a week. This week, we got 3 less active/inactive families back to church, and our one investigator family. :)
I received the package you sent November 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't gotten to open it up yet, but I got it earlier today when the couple missionaries came shopping in our area. It looks like its all good and nothing should be missing though.
Thank you!!!! :)

I got Amanda K. and Taylor Merlin's b-day card to me today too! And Bryce and Landon Peterson’s letters to me! I’ll write back soon. I actually carry Bryce’s letter around with me. It stays in my backpack. I pull it out whenever I need a pick me up. I know I was those boys teacher to help give an example to them, but sometimes I feel they help me more then I helped them...
Questions and Answers:

1. Do you have to drink out of a filter bottle to drink water? Or can you drink tap water where you live?

1. We have filter bottles, but I don't use it. I just drink water that comes out of our filtered tap in the kitchen, or buy bottled. But yah, I’m drinking a bit more soda now because it’s just easier than worrying about if your water is safe or not. It still makes me feel a little sluggish, but you just deal with it. Oh, that reminds me, can you send me the talk about caffeine from some general authority in the church? I don't have time to look for it.

2. How are your investigators coming alone?

2. Investigators. The ------ family is coming along. They are all showing an increased desire and are actually coming to church now! :) We have several others, but all are moving very slowly.

3. Where is Elder Deriada from?

3. Elder Deriada is from Davao city, Davao, Philippines. He is about half done with his mission.

4. Is Elder Tangi as much a character as he appears to be in the pictures I've seen of him? Was that him with the mud war paint on his face in the cave with you and Jackson? Tell Tangi that the Haka dance he led at the December zone conference looked cool.

4. Elder Tangi is a huge character! :) Yes, that was him with the mud war paint on his face in the caves. He is a hoot and is a pure joy to be around. :) His aunt, Sister Tatafu, was in my batch at the MTC and I knew her. She was really cool too. She went to the manila mission.

Oh! We are getting a McDonalds in my area!!! It opens on the 14th! Just 8 more days!!! I’m so excited!

I went on splits this week for the first time out of my area. My comp was Elder Cledera. He is my district leader and a past zone leader in the Cauayan zone. He is super cool and amazing.

Well, I love you all! I hope you all have a great week!

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment