About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


Hello!

...
We also got all the Valentine’s Day cards. :) It made us all pretty happy. Thank you for mine mom. It’s probably the most special mail I’ve gotten my whole mission. I love you. :* Elder Deriada says "Agyaman ti adu" which being interpreted from either ilokano or viscayas, means thank you! :) Elder Tangi says "I love you Mama Lundy! Thank you! :)" and Elder Jackson says "thanks! At least I know Lundy's mom loves me. lol" That’s because he didn't really get anything from his family on his birthday. They sent stuff it’s just not arrived yet and he was kinda bummed. Thanks mom. The small package you sent to Elder Schmidt, I have pouched to him. He should get it soon. Was it the same as mine? By the way, I loved the shirt! :) Thank you!!!
Missionary Noun T-Shirt
Missionary (noun):
Someone who leaves their family
for two years so that others may
be with their families for Eternity.
We are all wearing our ties from you tomorrow at our zone conference in tugueguerao. :) Tangi and I are wearing the bright purpley pinkish crimsony ties, and Jackson and Deriada are wearing the matching green ones. They are all very flashy and fun! :)
As for the chocolate that was in the package, I used one complete box on a family home evening the very day I got it. We did a scripture search and the first one to where I said got a candy bar. :) It was the best F.H.E. I’ve had yet. Thanks :) as for the rest, it is being slowly saved and shared. Very slowly. :)

Grandma and Nana gave me 20 dollars for my birthday. Please let them know that I am very thankful for it. And an interesting fact for you to share with them if you so wish, $20 is what most families live off of for half a month. Families here tend to be on the larger side... small families are rare. Things are much cheaper here though so it works out ok for them as long as they eat rice with every meal. You can get a kilo of rice as cheap as 28 peso here. The good stuff usually ranges from 35-70 peso/kilo.
Thank you for the baked goods offer. I believe I will take you up on that. :) Though I guarantee it won't be more than $5-8. It would be rather absurd if you spent more than that at any bakery.

Well, that’s about all I have this week. The work is hard and good. We hit 54 lessons this week! A mission high for Elder Deriada, and me as well I guess. :) We even had 2 days this past week where we got pure punted and didn't really get any lessons. My Tagalog is coming along. I still get nervous when I go on splits with ward members since I’m the one that has to teach everything, but I can do it most of the time. I know enough to teach essentials and get along.
It’s clear I have a long way to go, but I feel comfortable with pure Tagalog when necessary. There are days when I have trouble with my Tagalog, but I discovered it’s purely because of my diligence and effort. As soon as I realize what’s happening, I say a prayer (repent) and work harder. Tagalog just flows after that.
It’s amazing when I get in a lesson and I can really feel the spirit. As soon as I start saying what I’m being prompted to say, my Tagalog just flows out so rapidly and strongly I can't believe it’s coming out of my mouth. I love those instances, because I know without a doubt that in that moment, I am doing and saying exactly what my Heavenly Father wants me to. You feel His love for you and those you are teaching so strongly. For a few seconds, I’m not looking at them as Elder Lundy; I’m looking at them through Heavenly Father's eyes. There are some days when you just do things right and you get a hangover effect with that feeling. I love it. Sadly though, we are all human, we all sin, and thus pull ourselves away from that feeling. It’s a feeling worth anything to have though.
This picture is...  part of the family I used the candy for in the F.H.E.
The other one is me and my favorite Ward Mission Leader/fellow shipper, --------. He is just waiting for his mission call now! We are so excited!!!
I love this kid. He can speak like 5 different languages. It’s sick. We speak in English together and he helps me with my Tagalog too.

cge. time na. kailangan ko na umalis ngayon. I love you all!!!!!!! :*                                                                 Happy Valentine’s Day!

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment