About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012

Hello! :)

I only have a couple minutes to write today because today was mission wide cleanup day. We 3 elders of Ilagan (notice the we three kings reference ;) ) have been cleaning our apartment the entire day till now. Our only break was a quick break for a late lunch. But it’s so nice now. We’re all proud of it. The Carlos' are going to be doing a drawing for all the elders that participated in the cleanup day...the winners get a free trip to Cauayan and a meal of their choice as extravagant as they would like if they are the chosen winners. So the day was well worth it. We get a super clean apartment and a chance of a great huge meal. :)

I loved the thought for the week. It made me laugh pretty good and made everyone around me look at me funny. :)

“Here is what I sent:

Thought for the week:

May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy
May the problems you had, forget your home address!
In simple words .............
May 2012 be the best year of your life!!!”

I got a package from you guys!!! Thank you! :) My shoes really thank you too! You saved them.

I spent my new years at Cauayan. We ate a ton of great food from the Carlos' and we stayed up till midnight and watched a movie "17 miracles" I think. It was a great movie! I loved it. Then we had a countdown to midnight outside while watching the fireworks. We slept at the mission home then they made us breakfast, and we headed to church. :) It was really fun. I got to play basketball and ping pong too! I love being close to the mission home. It’s nice being around the leaders. They are really awesome.

I love you mom. The longer time goes on, the longer I am here in the mission, the more I realize just how wonderful you and dad are. As a kid at home, you don't really see it. But now, I do. I love you two so very much.

Your son,

Elder Christopher w. Lundy

A message from Elder Lundy for the Priesthood.

A word for all Priesthood holders:

Don’t you dare live below your Priesthood. I’m serving in a country where very few people live up to their priesthood. Many priesthood holders here have NEVER used their priesthood. Not once. As a result, the church here is not flourishing as it should. There are over 600 thousand members here, but over 500 thousand are INACTIVE. Do your home teaching. Remember, every single deacon in this church holds more power and responsibility than the Pope. If you hold a higher priesthood, how much greater your responsibility and authority, how much greater your accountability to God. Your priesthood is a gift from God, for you to use in the blessing of others here on earth. Remember, John the Baptist, as great as he was, only held the Aaronic priesthood. Yet, how many souls did he save through exercising his priesthood? Don’t ever forget why you are here. It is to bless the lives of others by exercising the priesthood God has given to you.
A snack food Elder Lundy likes

A close-up of the snack.
He says they are even good with milk on them, if you eat them fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment