About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012


Hey!

Transfers are this Thursday on the 12th. :) Only a few more days. Everyone in the apartment feels like big changes are coming for our Ilagan companionships. We’ll find out on Tuesday when we get the text that says who needs to get ready to transfer. That customs dealio was really weird. They had it for so long! If it made it here without getting lost after that, I should get it Thursday.
Brother --- is doing fan-fricken-tastic!!!!! :) He just got the Aaronic priesthood this past Sunday and will be putting it to use blessing the sacrament this coming Sunday! :) He is really growing and as he does more in the gospel he is gaining a better understanding of it all. He said he wasn't sure about all of the priesthood things before he got ordained to the Aaronic priesthood, but when he was being ordained by bishop, it just snapped in his head. He understood it. Many blessings come from obedience and trying your faith. :)
Sister --- is very happy still. I just gave her her baptismal pictures this past Sunday and she exploded with joy. :) She is also progressing. She will be getting a calling very soon. Bishop is already on it.
My teaching is coming along. There are good days and bad days. Yesterday, for example, was both. I was able to teach my part of our gospel principles class (Elder Schmidt and I teach one every Sunday) really well and Elder Schmidt didn't have to go over anything I said again. It was very clear and well said. Later in the day we were working with some fellow shippers and they made fun of my Tagalog for quite a while. It was hard, but I know that the only Tagalog I need is the gospel. If the rest comes, I’ll be all the better teacher for it. But it is just hard to deal with people making fun of how you speak. Whenever that happens, you just get distracted and hurt and you lose the spirit because that’s all you can focus on. I know that if I just continue to do my best, I’ll be ok though. I try to look on the bright side. I haven't even had a Filipino companion yet, but I can already do all this. I know I’ll be fine.

That being said, can you say a prayer for me? We all feel things are going to be happening with our companionships this transfer day, and no matter what happens with me, it is going to be very hard to deal with.
Mom and Dad, I love you both so very much. I pray for the family every day. Well, several times every day. Usually averaging 3 or so times. I love and miss you all so very much. I know the Lord is and will continue to bless you as you continue to do what is right. He has done so with me, and no child of his is more special then another. He loves and treats us all the same.

I have time for one last thing to share. This is my favorite part of this past week. It happened on Saturday the 7th.
We were working with Elder Jackson in his area that day. We taught a lesson to an inactive 15 year old boy at his grandma's house. After that, she asked us to give her a blessing of healing. We agreed. Elder Schmidt anointed the sister. I thought that Elder Jackson was going to give the blessing since it was his area and he is zone leader and all. He told me that he wanted me to do it. After a little encouragement from him, I agreed. I was very nervous. I had never before given a blessing, only anointed. I didn't even really know what was wrong. All I got was that this sister was sick and wanted a blessing. I gave my first blessing. From what I remember, I didn't even really address the sickness. I can't really remember what I said. But it’s not important. The point is, the Holy Ghost guided my thoughts and I was able to put it into words. It was an amazing feeling for me, and I know the sister appreciated the blessing as well. I said it in English, so I’m not sure what she understood. She said she understood it though. (Most people here can understand English; they just can't speak it very well.) But after the blessing was done, I looked down at her. She was crying. I may not have addressed the sickness, but I know I said what the lord wanted me to say. Through the power of the Holy Ghost, I was able to tell this sister what she needed to hear.

Mom, Dad, I know this is the only true gospel of Jesus Christ here on this earth. I know the power of the priesthood is real. I know it, and I know we can and will be together forever through this gospel. I love you and I thank you for all you have taught me. I love you all!
Till next week,

Elder Lundy

1 comment:

  1. We're so proud of you.Elder and you are in our prayers always. Never mind naysayers. They will only bring you down. You ate on the Lord's errand and that's all that matters. God speed brother. We love you. The Loomis'

    ReplyDelete