About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 20011 at the MTC

Hi Everyone,
Thought for the day, (Koponan - Sama-sama bawat tao'y Achieves Karagdagang./
                                       TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More.)
I agree completely. Especially when that team is accompanied by prayer. alam ko po na makapagyarihan po ang panalangin. (I know that prayer is powerful.) So is fasting. We held a zone fast this week for one of our sisters who got very sick and ended up in the hospital. By the end of our fast that day, she was back at the MTC and feeling great. 
                                                                    Something I have been forgetting to tell you about for 
                                                                    the past couple weeks is that
Elder Holland
Elder Holland came and talked at our devotional 2? weeks ago! It was so cool! It just so happened that that Sunday I was singing in the MTC Choir! We sung "faith of our fathers, living still" and he complimented us saying it was the best rendition of the song he had ever heard! :) You feel the spirit of the music so much more when you sing in the choir. The best way I can describe him is as a spiritual giant that is severely pointed and direct in his messages to missionaries, as well as very blunt. You could feel the spirit the moment he walked into the room. I’m going to keep singing in the choir in hopes that I get to sing in general conference since I’ll still be here then. :)

I love you all and thank you so much for your packages, letters, prayers, thoughts and love. I have a couple minutes left, so I’m going to go and take a look at all the letters and try to reply to them a little later today. I love you all!

                                                                                                              -Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment