About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, April 8, 2013

Still working hard


Hello,
So, the work is going rather well. We taught a few investigators and a ton of recent convert lessons this week. We finally start teaching a referral this week. She is rather cool. Her name is L--- and has a ton of relatives that are members. She actually asked to have the missionaries sent to her. Before we even got to start teaching her (for lack of Melchizedek priesthood fellowshipping) she had read the restoration pamphlet, plan of salvation pamphlet and started on the book of Mormon... :) I hate teaching single girls my age, but when they actually have a real desire like L---, I’ll put that dislike aside. Tonight we are going to help one of our recent convert tatay's learn how to preside/conduct FHE. As for our RC's, they are all running into problems and are having trouble coming to church. I’m kinda focusing on them right now. "It’s useless doing missionary work unless you hold on to the fruits of your efforts" - President Hinckley's quote summed up in my words. Besides that, I love them. I love them with my whole heart. I can't stand to see them fall way.

For general conference I will be in Solano again... for the third time on my mission yata... :) I doubt we are going to have any families at conference, only individuals.
My overall health is getting better. I made a HUGE mistake though on transfer day. My missionaries were super slow and weren't helping get the luggage into the vans so we could go, so me and our 2 drivers did it all. With how much muscle I have lost, my shoulder was affected. This is the first time on my mission that my shoulder has hurt. I lost just enough muscle and worked it just hard enough that my shoulder problem from before the mission came back. My right shoulder has been throbbing with pain all week long. The pain has extended into my bicep, and keeps shooting down into my hand. I was debating if I should tell you this or not because you guys are all going crazy about my health, so please don't blow up at me or I’ll be very likely never to say anything again.
I haven't gotten the box with protein powder yet. I should soon. You’re right. If you send me any more packages, I’m probably gunna say you guys have lovingly gone crazy. :) hehe I appreciate the packages and all, but that costs a ton! I see how much it costs you... if you absolutely need to though, Oreos are awesome. Liquid nacho cheese is great too. Sour gummies are great too. Bacon, protein bars, cliff bars, chocolate and vanilla frosting... you know. The normal stuff. ;)

Thanks for the information about Nana, Grandma, and Max.
I gotta get going. I have an early appointment today.

Love you all!!! :*

No comments:

Post a Comment