About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, April 1, 2013


Hello! :)
Elder Lundy and his Family tree.
The person on the right trained the person to their left.
Elder Lundy is a Great Great Grandfather.

Thank you for not chastising me about my health. I know you guys care about me and I’m making huge steps to change and get healthy and fat again. I gave dad the update there. ;)

(I asked Elder Lundy questions) Now on to His response –

about your questions.....

1.        Did you get the box in time to give Elder Valdez his book?

Yes! I did get the box in time to give elder Valdez his book. :) He was super excited. He was so excited in fact that sumigaw siya dahil sa kaligayahan niya. hehe we'll see if translator can get that right... :) he says thank you very very much. Just a little side note, Elder Valdez now has his interview scheduled to get a certificate that says "I'm fluent in English with an emphasis on business" he is part of the first group of elders in the mission to do it. :)

2.       Where is Elder Valdez serving now until he goes home in 6 weeks?

... He was transferred to Solana, Tuguegarao. He opened the area meaning he and his companion are both new to the area and don't have a previous knowledge about the area. His companion is brand new from the MTC and is American pa…

3.       Who is your new Companion?  
Elder Lagarde and Elder Lundy
Elder Legarde is my new companion. He is one cycle behind me. He goes home in September. I met him back in Alicia. His last area is in Dupax Del Norte in Bambang zone.... the closest zone to us. He has 8 siblings. His entire family are members. He is the first to serve a mission though. :) Great missionary. He is from Oriental Mindoro.

4.       Who are you teaching now and are they progressing well?

Right now we aren't teaching many people, our work these past couple weeks has taken a slump as well. Everyone just finished school and now they are all busy with summer vacation activities. This week, because its transfer week, we took a hit too. We only got to teach 6 lessons this week. :\ And now we have to go back to Cauayan on Wednesday for training again.  One of our focuses though is V------. He is a tatay and business owner. He is super nice and spiritual. He is progressing really well. He was just out of town for a week because he went with his daughter to a chess tournament. She is a chess champion for the whole Philippines in her age group. She’s really good.

5.       Did you have Easter Dinner with members?

Easter? This past Sunday was Easter? Really? haha I only knew it because the catholic church was all super busy and because I looked at the calendar that you made me along with my recipe book... there were no special talks about Easter at church. Nothing special happened. I didn't hear the word Easter once. No special dinner at member’s house. Elder Legarde and I each ate a whole pack of bacon though for our dinner. :)

You guys made some awesome Easter eggs! I liked the ones you made mom. I don't even have to ask which. They scream your artistic ability. :)

Well, I love you! I gotta go now. :*

No comments:

Post a Comment