About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, February 4, 2013


Hi!

My b-day was pretty good. :) My FHE just turned out to be a birthday party. lol That’s all the branch felt like doing. hehe :) being 22 is weird. I feel old now. It’s like my last connection to the teenage crowd was just severed. I'm officially out of that group now.

So Mom I had a moment a little like your week, this week....

This past Thursday at Zone Conference I felt something very strongly. It was one of those whisperings of the Spirit President Carlos always talks about. He never said it, but I heard it. It was a very clear feeling. I heard, "You can do so much more. You haven't given everything you have yet. Kaya mo pa." It put me to tears then, and I’m starting to tear up again as I write this.

As I look back at who I was, and what I was capable of when I was new in the mission, and compare it to now, I'm ashamed. The Lord has strengthened me. I have been taught Tagalog. I have gained a testimony. I have started becoming a master teacher. I'm worthy of the companionship of the Spirit always. I have power when I teach. I can do so much more now than I could a year ago... The Lord knows just how capable I am. He has given me my every talent and ability, but what have I given him? I’ve given Him 90% effort my whole mission. I've held back.

During our last weekly planning I was overcome by all the time we lose as zone leaders and everything we have to try and do, and how can we possibly give our best effort in our area when we are focusing not only on 1 area, but 7. I was planning on asking President to step me down after this cycle so I could finally give everything I had... but that wouldn't fix anything really. I can always give everything I have no matter where I am, no matter what situation I am in. I understand that now.

I have more to give. I won't hold back anymore. I love the Lord and I am thankful for all He has done for me.

You’re right about the Shaners. They are going crazy right now. What president is doing is he is first going to double up on missionaries in area that are weak or need help. Than when they are all doubled up, he is going to start creating new areas.
 
This is from the Shaner's Blog: “This past few weeks we have been working SO hard trying to secure apartments or upgrade existing ones in preparation for the INFLUX of new Elders and Sisters in March. I capitalize influx because up until now, we have normally only gotten maybe a 4 or 5 'net' increase of Elders or Sisters each batch. They arrive and it is fairly easy to plug them into the spots that were vacated the night before by the Elders and Sisters who went home. Up until now, it has been a wash for the most part however, with the age requirement change in October, more Elders and Sisters are applying for missions earlier and this next batch that will arrive the end of March will be our first experience with the increased numbers. We will send about 6 or 7 home and get in return 25 at last count.”
Well, I’m off to buy the ingredients I need for funky Frito fruckies again! :)

I love you so much!

Have a great week and don't accept any other result! :) :*

-Elder Lundy

 My Nanay's are the 2 right by me...
they are the ones that put on the party for me.
Nay Dalilis, and Nay Bayatan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment