About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, February 11, 2013


Hey!
We announced to Elder Lundy that his younger cousin received his mission call and will be leaving on his mission at the end of June!

That’s awesome about Tommy! Tell him congrats for me! Seeing as he leaves before I get home, tell him that I’ll see him in 2.5 years... lol. Also, make sure he passes the John Bytheway book on to the next missionary in the family. I think that would be Eric...
I'm sorry about your house search and all that. I know it’s hard on you guys. All I can say is pray and fast...Besides, I’ve seen time and time again families here that don't even have a steady place to live but they are happy. They are so poor that they don't know how they are going to eat tomorrow. But they are still happy. Worldly things don't bring happiness, obedience to God's commandments bring happiness. A scripture also comes to mind.

3 Nephi 13:19-21, 30-33” Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal; But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”

I say this not at all in chastisement, but in love. I’ve felt several times that I should share these verses with you guys about this topic, but I shook it off each time. I love you. Be happy!
I did the impossible today. I made a chocolate chip cheesecake!!!
I'll taste it tomorrow and let you know how it is! :) I got a member to let me bake it at their house. The Balubal Family (the richest people in the branch....)
(Elder Lundy says this, because it is unusual to have an oven in the Philippines.)
I gotta go now. I'm running late.

I love you guys! :*

No comments:

Post a Comment