About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, September 17, 2012

We all have agency to choose...Some choose better than others.


Well Hello! :)

How are you this fine day? I’m doing rather swell. I had a great week.
Here is the report on my work! :)

This past week has been pretty cool. On Tuesday at district meeting Sister Ramos asked for a priesthood blessing. She was sick and had been for a while. This was the first of my cool experiences this week. Elder Ardon anointed and I gave the blessing as requested by Sister Ramos. I love giving blessings sooooo much! This was no exception. I felt the Spirit guiding my words and confirming the truth of what I was saying and promising. I felt a love not unlike what I imagine the Savior feels for her. By the end of the blessing we were both in tears. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood which I hold and my ability to use it to bless the lives of others. I am especially thankful that I was ready and worthy to serve her in this capacity.

The other experience I want to share with you began on Thursday. Starting Thursday night I was getting better after being sick for a couple days, but suddenly started to develop a sore throat. On Friday, it got a bit worse. When I woke up Saturday morning I had lost most of my voice. The big problem was that I had 3 baptismal interviews scheduled around lunch time, 1 in Angadanan and 2 in Alicia1. I started getting really worried. I didn't want to cancel the interviews and I knew the Zone Leaders had an interview in Jones at the same time. I included a plea to Heavenly Father in my prayer at the beginning of personal study to help me with the interviews, then just went on studying.
I soon realized that little plea was not enough. I was super worried still.
After that, I just got down on my knees and plead for the ability to complete the interviews. I asked for help and guidance. After who knows how long, I finally felt like all would be well. Nevertheless, I did my best to resolve the matter myself. I gargled with salt water and drank hot Tang, etc. Time came for the first interview in Angadanan. My voice was rather choppy, but I got through the interview with out many problems. About an hour and a half later I had the second interview. By this time my voice was bad. It kept coming and going every couple seconds as I would talk. I had to repeat a lot of the things I said for the candidate to be able to understand. I had the third interview directly after that. I was scared. My voice was gone. I walked into the room with Nanay and sat down. The very first word I spoke was crystal clear and perfect sounding. I was so startled that I paused for a couple seconds wondering what just happened. The interview went great. The Spirit was strong and Nanay was ready to be baptized. She asked for a blessing afterwards for her illness, which Elder Ardon and I gave. My voice was starting to ebb away by the end. Within an hours’ time I had no voice. It was all gone, and it lasted up until this Monday morning when I finally got my voice back. This experience was nothing short of a miracle in response to a humble prayer and faithfulness to my calling.
It showed me once again the reality of this work, and the truthfulness of the Lord's promised blessings.

We didn't get very many lessons this week, only 16. But I feel the work we did was more unseen than seen. Hearts are changing. This change will be seen soon though. Elder Ardon is lucky. He has a great area working for him....WHEN HE TRAINS NEXT CYCLE!!!!!!!!!!!! : D yup! My kid is training next cycle right after he finishes his own training! Yup, he's awesome.

That’s soo cool about Devree Hamblin! I can't believe Diana found her! Elder Hamblin is gunna flip when he finds out! :) I can't wait to tell him on Thursday if he hasn't been told yet. :)

That’s sad about Mildred, but you're right. She is happier now. The plan of salvation is true. There are no worries. (An older member of the family passed away this past week. She will be missed - until we are together again.)

I love you. I hope you have a great week! :*
Pictures to come next week after transfers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment