About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, September 10, 2012

1 year and a month this week


Hello my dear sweet mother that I love so much! :)


Elder Lundy's 1st year celebration.
Elder Griffin  with his  Comp Elder McLaughlin

Elder Ardon

 
 
Elder Hamblin and Elder Lundy



Elder Lundy made Biscuits and gravy he always loved this kind of food.



 


This week in the mission was pretty good. Why? Because I’m right in the place the Lord needs me, with the people he needs me with, doing the things he needs me to do. :) It’s a good time of life.

So our work this week. We reached 23 lessons. We now have 3 investigators with a baptismal date. Things are going really well. When we teach ------ (pictures included in other email. she is the girl with a little boy and mother in the picture with me and Ardon), she reads everything we leave her. Then she writes an essay about what she learned and also other questions she wants us to answer when we come back. She is flippin amazing. Our transfer day is September 20th, next week Thursday. It looks and feels like I am going to be transferred out. It feels just like it did in Ilagan just before I left. So I will know after I email you next week if I am going to be transferred or not. I feel good though. We have a ton of elders coming in fresh from the MTC and president has told Elder Schmidt that he thinks my kid, Elder Ardon, can train after we finish our training this cycle. I’m proud of him. He is a great missionary.

So right now in our work, our focus is on less-actives. we are doing rather well…

on the bright side we have 2 whole families(one of which I included picture from a FHE. it’s the one with all the kids and a board with candy on it.) that are making significant progress in returning to activity and preparing to go to the temple to be sealed as a family. Their son will also be returning to a mission this coming October hopefully. :) It’s much harder to teach less active members, but it’s much more rewarding.

So I picked up my new pants earlier today in Santiago. I haven't gotten an opportunity to try them on yet. (Which means that pictures are coming next week.) I just had Nanay use the measurements that I used last time I made pants with her. I’m also getting the rest of my shirts fitted this week. I’m gunna look spiffy :)

My arms look really dark right now. I played football early this morning and got a bit sunburned, but my arms got kinda dark. It’s weird. But I like it. Random thought there for ya ;)

I must leave now. I’ve got souls to nourish. Remember the Tarzan song, "you'll be in my heart, always..." I love you mom. :* funny thought I don't know if I have ever told you before... I thought this way back in my first cycle in the field when I was with Elder Schmidt... I can't wait to get home so I can study the scriptures with mom! :) True story! It’s come to my mind many a time since then as well.

I miss and love you.

Have a great week! :* :)

-Elder Christopher W. Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment