About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, March 5, 2012

LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi :)

I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!! The people aren't matigas ng ulo o puso. Not in the least! ...that means they aren't hard headed or hard hearted. Sorry. :) So, Elder Thomas is my zone leader actually. He’s pretty cool. I’ve played football with him before.

The other elders in Solano are Elder Rostedt and Elder Cruz..... Rostedt was in the oldest group in the mtc when I got there. He is one full cycle ahead of me in the mission. He is from Australia and is a musical genius. He can play anything you give him as I understand it... he is teaching me how to play my ukulele :)
Elder Rostedt picture thanks too Elder Ilagan
I put on my jeans this morning and I can fit a fist long ways in-between me and my pants. I’m only 6' and 200 lbs. and I’ve lost a lot of muscle in my arms and chest, and gained A LOT in my legs. (We walk absolutely everywhere in this area. it’s not ethical to take tricey or jeepney anywhere.)

Elder Biating: loves to do stuff on p-days. Fun stuff. lol. I’ll tell you about that later. :)

My area is the valley of a mountain range. I’m completely surrounded by mountains. Half of my area is big city; the other half is bukid...or English equivalent, boondocks. Its rice fields. I love that I have both just a couple steps out my door.

Today was a great day. We woke up at 6, and ran to church for basketball. President Omanito (my branch pres.) showed up to open the gates. He is a very pro-elder/missionary work kinda guy. Our other players never showed up so after a while we went to the Palengke (the Palengke is super awesome here. it has fresh everything, and is super-duper clean, unlike Ilagan) and then he drove us home. After that, Pres, one of his sons (our constant fellow shipper Julius), and very close friend and son of one of our investigators (Alvin, he is a member, his tatay isn't) came with us. We went to our 2nd counselors (bro. Rod) house and went fishing in his fish pond. I almost had the chance to say I went fishing in a fish pond, and didn't catch any fish!!! lol :) I gave it one more try then caught 4 fish and helped bro. Rod's daughter catch a fish. She is mga 5 years old and adorable and absolutely loves me. :) After this I am going shopping and getting what I need to be able to make chicken curry, kare-kare, and homemade ice-cream. :) Great day. :)

The area is going well. This area has amazing potential for missionaries who care. The work now though, is coming along. Few actual lessons, but people are getting to know us and are accepting return appointments for lessons. There are quite a few that could be baptized next cycle. I understand why bro. Doolin, my teacher at the mtc went crazy every time we talked about the area book. The way he went on about it, he got this sort of thing dumped on him many a time. That also explains why he is working at the mtc right now. He is amazing to have been able to pick up the pieces that many times.
Well, I have to go.
Tell everybody else "I LOVE YOU!" for me :)

 I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :* mwah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Question for Dad: Did you know the book of Mormon talks about the revolutionary war? It made me think of you when I was reading it. Can you find where it is if you don't know? Just a little scripture chase for you. :)

Scripture thought: read 1 Nephi 12:6, then Alma 63:8. Can you figure out how they are related? I recently heard of a story here in the Philippines of how a long time ago, a man dressed all in white appeared to some of the southern Filipino people...it intrigued me and I made this connection along with a greater one. See if you can guess what I found out! :)

Other news: I saw my first Filipino that was actually taller than me on Sunday!!!!!! he is 6' 3'' I stood there and looked up at him, then back down, then back up at his head, then back down to where it should be, then back up again before I got it that I actually had to look up to look him in the eyes! :) lol! :) It was a fun surprise! :)

That’s all that I can think of. I love you all!!! :) Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment