About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12 Week of St. Partick's Day


Hey!

The search for the missing is going really well so far. We had 2 families at church this past Sunday, and got 2 more tatays at church, thus completing their families at church. It was nice. As soon as they got to church, the members were all over them. We didn't have to do a thing. It was so nice to see members like that again! I think they were better about that then the members of the Kettle Moraine ward. :) I love this branch!

President Omanito is like a dad to us. (Pres. Omanito is the Branch President) He is so happy to have missionaries. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I ate frogs last week when we went fishing with him! :) They were quite delicious! Better than chicken, truth be told. This week I also ate bbq'd chicken heads! I wasn't forced to either. It was by choice! I’m starting to expand my appetite :) ...I think that’s the right word.

I’m having trouble right now. I had to share a message in English to a husband and wife yesterday. The wife is from Singapore. The husband is from manila. They both know English. The tatay knew Tagalog, but the wife only knew Chinese and English. So it was all on me, since I didn't want to leave the wife out and nobody else I was with could speak fluent English. It was so flippin hard!!! I’ve never taught in English before. I learned how to be a missionary in Tagalog. I really struggle with it in English.

So I was reminded of a great movie by a fellow shipper the other day. I told you guys about it before my mission, but we never got it I think. I can't remember. It’s called "Suits on the Loose." you should definitely watch it. It’s even funnier when you talk about it in Tagalog. lol.

Oh! I almost broadsided a semi while I was walking along the highway yesterday....yup, I wrote that right. I almost walked sideways into a semi. lol. I felt the prompting last second to take a look where I was going to walk just before I stepped into the highway luckily. We were busy talking and I was tired and sick and not paying attention. All is good though. :)

So I’m not sure if I will be able to email next week. It depends on when we get home. We are going to the Binaue Rice Terraces. The "7th wonder of the world" or something like that. If I do get to email, it will probably be short, but I should have pictures.

Living conditions here in Solano are pretty good. We’re still trying to get the apartment cleaned up. The only time we really have to do that is p-days sadly... so we might get everything clean by the end of the cycle. We filled about 8 big grocery bags of trash and have about the same to go plus all the extra supplies left. : P Well, that’s about all I have right now.

                                                   My family in Ilagan - Dacuycuy Family


                                                           I baptized this girl on Saturday.

                                                              Me sitting on top of a jeepney.
                              We were in a hurry to get to a baptism and there wasn't any room inside...

                                              The Pebenito family. The 1st family I taught here.

                                                                                Elder Biating

 
                                                        Us riding on the back of a jeepney.
                            Once again, no room inside and no time to wait for a different one.

                           A fun looking "car" we found in the church parking lot/basketball court.
                                                    Multi-functional is best here after all! ;)

 
                                                               My last AP, Elder Bill Katoa.
                        Elder Jackson, from my apartment in Ilagan, replaced him as AP this cycle.

                                                               Well, I love you guys! :*
                                              Have a great week! :*

No comments:

Post a Comment