About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, May 6, 2013

He's being transferred from Bagabag this week Wednesday



Elder Lagarde and Elder Lundy





Hello!
Here is a little of how I’m feeling right now...
1. It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.

(Chorus)

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.
2. Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.
3. There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

 This is a beautiful song. Mix that with a little bit of "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" and you got how I’m feeling. I was writing letters for some of my converts here yesterday morning before church and it felt like I was ripping my heart out of my chest. I don't want to leave Bagabag, but I will do what the Lord would have me do. I feel like I’m becoming the missionary that Heavenly Father intended me to be. More and more every day I feel like I am submitting my will to His.
I kinda got to say good bye to the members. I didn't get to bear my testimony because there was line of 4 people waiting the entire sacrament, but that’s a good reason not to be able to speak. They all know my time was drawing near. They thought it was going to happen this past transfer, so when I told a couple members it kinda just shot through the ward. Elder Badol in my branch is also transferred. They all know and a couple of them are putting together a special FHE for me tonight since "activities at church are not allowed on Mondays after 6 pm" and "missionary farewell parties are not allowed." They invited all my RC families I think and everyone else just knows a big FHE is going down. :) hehe. They get ridiculous sometimes, but I love them.
(Here are a few pictures from Elder Lundy's last visit to the rices terraces)







:) I'm excited to talk to you guys on Monday! :) President Carlos has asked that we keep it to about an hour when we talk.
Well, talk to you on Monday!! :)

Love you!
-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment