About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, May 20, 2013


Hello!
Note to all who may be in attendance when I step off the plane... Mom gets first hug. Dad, second. Siblings next. Then all else may stampede and beat my body to crap with hugs and the such as you wish. :) ;)

(Elder Lundy is happy he wanted to be stepped down to be a follow up trainer and he was.) I saw when Nay was stepped down as well. It was awesome!!! He is Elder Sogari's new companion! Elder Sogari is the elder from Fiji that I gave all my old pants and shoes to. He was in my last branch in bagabag-lamut branch. Elder nay is a great missionary and just the person that he needs right now. :) I’m so happy for them.

Pictures, next week hopefully. I forgot all of my memory cards and camera earlier when we left the apartment. Sorry. I'll get you a better one of me and Elder Talines soon. :)

So Tuguegarao 4th Ward is amazing. This is my first area that has had a missionary correlation meeting and a dinner calendar. The Bishop and leaders all see that I mean business and that I’m not just another elder coming through and its changing their view of us. They see that when we ask for help, things happen. It’s not just a waste of their time. I'm making a concerted effort to learn all their names and I like the results. In this ward, we are in the heart of the city and stretch into the outskirts. There are a ton of missionaries here in the city mismo. There are three sets of missionaries that use my church building alone. I would honestly say that the church is just as strong here if not stronger in some areas then the church in Wisconsin.
How have I grown this week? I learned how to better be obedient but not to alienate those around me, but rather bring them with me step by step. :)
Bridget just told me all about getting to talk to Hamblin, Shackelford, and McGuffin. It was so cool! :) She thinks that she will be able to get me into their apartment in September. :) I knew all those guys! :) That was cooler than cool. :)
I'm over being trunky. :) I honestly think that you are more trunky than me, mom. :) hehe :* but I understand.
I love you guys and I can't wait to see you guys again. At the same time, you can't make me leave here. This is my home. I’m lucky. I get 2 homes now. :)
Till next week,
Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment