About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, December 10, 2012

Families can be Forever Families!


(I was having a rough week last week and I wrote this to our son…"I just wish that something I did seemed to last or be productive. I wanted to change the world."
Our Sweet Son responded…)

Mom, you raised me. You helped make me who I am. You helped me learn the truth of this gospel even if it took me 20 years to learn and obey it. You are still helping me and giving me the strength to keep going every week. This past week, my companion and I completed 3 families in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These 3 families, totaling 18 people, now have the option to return to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as a family. As an ETERNAL FAMILY. I think you are wonderful mother. You always say that your family is your most precious possession, the thing you care about most. It’s the same for all of these families. Through me, you have changed the eternal destination of these families. That is going to last. That has changed these people's lives. The world doesn't matter, you've changed people. Just a little thought for you. :*

So, we had a fantastic baptism on Saturday. It was my best baptism so far in the mission. Things went really smoothly. All of the tatay's wives were a part of the baptismal service. One gave a talk, another learned how to conduct music so she could do it for the baptism, and the last gave one of the prayers. After the baptism, we had a combined YSA, and 3 family FHE (including the BML and E.Q. Pres.) at the house of one of the tatays that were baptized. These tatay are quickly being welcomed into the Branch. It’s great! our attendance every week in sacrament is over 100 as well! :) The Branch is really starting to grow. Our Branch President is also on top of teaching about/ ordaining our tatays to the priesthood. They are being well cared for. It makes me happy. This is one of my first areas where the members have cared about any of my converts and done their best to make them a part of the branch. I love it!

Ok cge. The store in Lamut, artisan carvings and such...

I have already bought you a nice but simple Nativity set. I actually thought about that way back when I was assigned in Solano, my second area... :) It’s the best one you can find unless you go to a master carver.... as I am in the process of doing. ;) Sister Carlos showed me a nativity she bought from the father (master carver) of one of our past AP's/ my first district leader, Elder Cajumban. It may be the one she posted on her blog. I don't know. I decided that I want that nativity set for my family later on in life. When I saw it, I also thought you would love it. It’s one of the only sets I have ever seen where the people and animals are Filipino. As it is carved by a master carver, it is more expensive though. The set I have is just a traditional nativity set at about 10 dollars. The set Sister Carlos showed me can be the big set, or small set. (Big/small- means number of pieces, not size.) Big is about 100 dollars or so. The small is about 75 dollars. I just emailed you a picture of the BIG set I saw so you will know if it is the same you saw on Sister Carlos' blog... I want to buy the big set for me. I kinda want one of the 500 peso sets like I already bought too though... What would you like mom?

As for your offer of money for my birthday, I would love it. I'm only in the Philippines once, if I’m not lucky. I'm gunna miss it here. Remembrances would be nice. Thank you.

So, I have a question... Where are you guys reading in the scriptures right now? Just curious. :) I just started Alma. Mosiah was sick! :) While reading Mosiah I started making a history report on where all the people were coming from and who were their leaders. It’s sick. I also learned that King Zedekiah had one son who was not killed when Jerusalem was taken, si Mulek. He also immigrated to the American continents. It happened just a bit after Lehi and his family left. :) That was news to me. I thought the only people that came over in the record of The Book of Mormon came from Lehi's family and the Jaredites... cool stuff! :)

So mom, have a good week! I'll let you know official plans about skype and my new companion next week.
 
I love you! :*

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment