About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, August 20, 2012

The start of an exciting new year

Dear Nanay ko,

I'm getting better, and slowly coming back to where I was before my slump a few weeks ago. In some aspects I already am much better than I was. For example, my ability to expound and explain the doctrine of Christ has absolutely exploded along with my testimony of it. We are teaching it so clearly now that we feel practically everyone we teach is ready for a baptismal date by the end of the second lesson. Before I thought it was ridiculous to even consider giving a baptismal date that soon, but now I can see that it’s just dumb to wait any longer. It’s the right thing to do if you are a clear and powerful teacher. If they will accept the gospel, they will be ready by the end of the second lesson for a date. That is my experience at least within this area of Paddad, Alicia. 

This church is true. It’s true because I know the book of Mormon is true. The book of Mormon teaches the gospel of Jesus Christ very plainly and simply. You need to have faith in Christ because if you don't you can never use his atonement to be cleansed of your sins. You have to repent to become free from your sins so you can return to our Heavenly Father after this life (sinful people are not allowed to live in the presence of God). Baptism is a commandment that you must follow in order to complete your repentance and become clean. Afterwards you have to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost to receive the Lord's guidance for you while in this earth and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Afterwards you must endure to the end by doing the things that God has commanded. By doing this you will always have the promise of the holy ghost to guide you. You will always be repenting and trying to be better. If that is how you are at the end, then the grace and mercy of Christ will cover you for your shortcomings, if, and only if you have done your best here to be better every day, and obey the gospel of Christ and the commandments of God. I know this is true without a doubt. That is our purpose while here on earth. To do our best every day to become better and follow our Savior. If we do that, we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father and receive his greatest gift for us, eternal life.
Mom, that was kinda weird in English. I’ve never shared my testimony in English like that since I reported to the MTC last August. I learned for myself the gospel is true in Tagalog. It’s all been in Tagalog. That is where I share it best. The language that I learned the truth in, even if that isn't my first language, is the language of my testimony. I think I will get better at expressing it in English after I get home though. My English kinda stinks right now.
Mom, Dad, happy anniversary! I love you two very much. I thank you for all that you have helped me to do over the years to gain my testimony. I want you to know you have raised a child that will never, never, fall from the truth and knowledge of the gospel. It is who I am. What I want to be, is a man that serves God with all his heart, for his whole life. That more than anything is my life goal. I love you both very much! :* happy anniversary ulit!
(What a wonderful gift to receive from a son - His Testimony!)

No comments:

Post a Comment