About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, August 13, 2012

My 1st Year ends - August 13, 2013


Hello! :)

This week was a pretty good week. We had an amazing lesson Kay on Saturday. She is mga 13 years old, a new investigator and is also a part-member/less-active family. Her family (the members) and also 2 other fellow shippers accompanied us in the lesson, where Elder Ardon and I taught most of Lesson 1. We had previously taught her the first couple principles. We had a pretty good start, we were teaching well. She was asking questions and we were answering. It was honestly one of the first lessons I have had like that. Normally, investigators refuse to talk and are extremely shy and don't understand what we teach. That even goes for when my Filipino companions teach. This girl is nothing like that.

In this lesson, I could feel the spirit guiding our every word. By the time I was done sharing The First Vision, I was practically in tears. I know Kay felt what I felt. She felt the Spirit and directly afterwards accepted a baptismal invitation to be baptized on September 15.

I am extremely thankful for my assignment here in Paddad. I have learned so many things. My teaching has gotten 100 times better. My Tagalog has expanded and become much more clear. Most importantly, I have gained power in my teaching through the Spirit. During every moment when I teach, I can feel if I am following the Spirit or not. If I pay attention to that, miracles happen. I absolutely love this time I have to learn and grow and share my knowledge of the gospel with others. The Lord strengthens me every step of the way if I but do my best to follow him.

Elder Ardon and I have worked our guts out this week. He is doing amazing. We are all caught up on our studies now and we are doing our best to do better every day. We realized this week that our biggest problem is following the schedule. That is our goal this week, to correct that. As for doing missionary work, Elder Ardon is doing extremely well. He has self-doubts, but when I listen to him and watch him teach, there isn't a thing I could say that he couldn't. He knows the doctrine. He knows what is important for investigators to feel and do, to receive the gospel through baptism and confirmation, and he does the best he can. He is one of the best Preach My Gospel missionaries in this mission and he is only going to get better. He was a better PMG missionary than I was when he first got here. He has helped me rise to the challenge. We are both constantly striving to be better, to do better.

I noticed that you and Dad have asked for reports on my work and how many lessons we are teaching every week. That was one of my favorite experiences this cycle, so I wanted to share that one with you. We taught 21 lessons this past week. The past 6 weeks (or cycle. cycle = 6 weeks) while Elder Ardon has been training, we managed to teach 115 lessons to investigators and less-active members. This next cycle, we should be able to top that no problem. We are both much more dedicated and ready now than we were 6 weeks ago.

Ramos family is amazing. They feed us every Sunday night. Bro. Ramos has offered to help us fellowship. I love this family to death. Sister Ramos noticed that we were always running out of time on p-days because we keep going to Cauayan every Monday to work on the mission office's tech problems, and offered to let us use their washing machine anytime we want. They don't really use it because it uses a lot of electricity and pulls the bill up a bit, so it now currently resides in our apartment since they don't use it or have space for it in their house. (Their house can fit in our living room...) They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Bro. Ramos is the District YM President, and both brother and sister served missions. They are very faithful and are good friends. If by chance you could come here at the end of my mission, they are one family I would want you to meet. I dearly love them.

Well, I love you very very much! Thank you for the congratulations on my 1 year, even if I don't want to admit it. That means I have less time left then I have been here.... :P ayaw ko yon!!!! Have a great week!

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment