About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, July 30, 2012

Wisconsin got rain last week - And so did Paddad no surprise there. : )

Hello!

That’s funny about the rain. We are just the same. Most days it’s like clockwork. The rain comes in around 4pm and stays the night through. Right now, there are some bagyo's coming through the Philippines, so that means it’s pretty dark out and there has been a pretty light sprinkle all day long. That’s fine with me though. I got to go play football this morning in Angadanan. It was Elder Ardon's first time, he's pretty good.

Right now, I am in Cauayan, emailing from the mission home again. Elder Ardon is having another go at fixing all the computers. I have a feeling that we will be back at least one more time though before he is finished.

Wilbert and Nathan are my buds. They are pretty cool. I love going to see them. Right now I am trying to teach their parents. Their whole family lives in one house. That includes their grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, and their 5 kids, their uncle on the weekends, and maybe a few others… My point was that everyone except Wilbert and Nathan’s parents are members of the church. We finally got a lesson with their dad, and now we have a FHE scheduled with them tonight. Well, in about an hour and a half from now. Elder and Sister Gottfredson are coming to the FHE as well to try and show nay an tay what we are trying to do with their family. Hopefully they will have an effect on them.

I have given away some of the ties you sent to me. I haven’t given them all away yet though. One by one, as I see the right situation…otherwise everyone will just go crazy asking for ties then I’m the bad guy when I don’t give them one.

I was able to give Elder Biating his tie and other stuff I made for him before I left. I didn’t get to give it to him exactly, but I snuck it in his luggage since I saw it at the mission home before the fireside.  He’ll have a surprise when he gets home.

About the rest of the general authorities coming in august…wala na! :P they aren’t coming anymore because of the weather. Not only are they not coming, it is only our mission that they are not coming too! :P :P :P We are all rather ticked off about that.

BUT… our mission did receive good news this week. This is part of President Carlos’ Weekly letter to us missionaries.

“This cycle has gone very fast for me.   We have had a busy cycle.  Hopefully, while being busy, we were also productive.....  And yes, we have been!  Thanks to all of your hard work, the Philippines Cauayan Mission leads the Area AND the Region (all of 17 missions in the Philippines, plus Pacific, New Zealand, Hong Kong, etc.) in the following KEY indicators:  (This is average for the last 6 months)

In the area of BAPTISMS:-- we lead in:
(1)  Weekly Average Baptisms; (2) per companionship monthly average; (3) Mission monthly totals
In TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS- we lead in:
(1) % of investigators attending Sacrament Meeting with Baptismal date
(2) % of New Investigators baptized

It is clear from these reports that YOU are being very effective AND productive.  Congratulations!”

We were pretty excited when we read that. Even if our own areas aren’t seeing that kind of growth, there are always people that the Lord is preparing. There is always that “one person” that you need to keep looking for.

Well, here in Paddad we have had a week. We had all sorts of stuff going on. A surprise baptismal interview, investigators fed us to avoid being taught, punted from appointments all day every day, we didn’t reach most of our goals this week, we had investigators that were drunk so we couldn’t teach them. Yup, it’s been a week. Keep on keepin’ on.

That’s all for this week.

I love you! : *

-Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment