About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, July 2, 2012

My Anak Me and My Tatay


Hey!
Elder Ardon Elder Lundy and Elder Schmidt


 I’m doing good. I just got the crap burned out of my skin at a zone activity though. Yup, I’m still in Paddad. I have the guarantee that I’ll be there until the end of September unless something happens and the Lord decides he doesn't want me to finish training Elder Ardon...oh yah!!! Elder Ardon is the name of my new companion! He is from Angono, Rizal, Quezon City Mission if I remember right. He is flippin great. He wants to do things the right way. He wants to be a good missionary, and he is bringing my style of teaching back to the way they do it at the MTC, which is great!

...I know that this is coming from nowhere, but this realization almost brought me to tears just now. I'm becoming the person I want to become. And even greater is the realization that the fact that the person I want to become is exactly who the Lord wants me to be.

There is no greater opportunity than to serve a mission. It has saved my life. I have gained more than I could ever give back. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father, and I am ever thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide me in all I do. It’s a gift of never ending worth that I heavily rely on.

That pretty much sums up the past 6 weeks of my life. I have drawn ever closer to my savior. I have been trying to think for the past 5 minutes of what else to say but nothing else seems important as the statement that I know Jesus Christ lives and he is my savior...through that knowledge I have gained new confidence in myself and the Lord. This work is real. This is the work of salvation (every bit as much as genealogy work is).

Well, until next week, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment