About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Friday, October 7, 2011

 I feel like I have learned so much in these past 8 weeks. More than I have the rest of my life in fact. Not only that, but before I came on my mission, I believed in the church. Now, its more than that. There is a desire to follow what the lord wants me to do. I feel like I have to act on all that I am learning for it is the only way for me to be happy. I learned so much during general conference. It kinda makes me feel like I have wasted every other time I listened to general conference. I love all the study time I have here. The love that I feel for the scriptures and my Savior has just exploded over the past week. I'm not the same person I was before, nor will I ever be again. I know the Savior lives and he loves me. His atonement is real. Through faith in Him, anything is possible.
I got to teach a native Filipino yesterday, and she complimented both mine, and elder machen's tagalog. She said we spoke very well. We'll be able to get along in the philippines just fine. :) All of our teachers say that we can speak more and understand the language better than they could when they left.
I am the only cauayan missionary in my zone. There are others flying there with me though. My departure date is the 17th of October at 4pm. Arrive on the 20th at 11am.
Elder Lundy

No comments:

Post a Comment