About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Elder Lundy and I represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm excited to be serving my mission in the Philippines! For further reading, see Ether 12:6, 27 "6. And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Monday, March 11, 2013


Hi, :)
This week, my health has been pretty much the same. I am really afraid of being transferred to a hotter place. I'm getting a little better. I used our house's air conditioning for the first time in 6 months last night so I could actually sleep. It’s so flippin hot!

Elder Valdez just read the part of your letter that said you mailed him the book, and his whole face just lit up with a great big smile. "Really???" was what he said. Thank you. :)
My low for the week, if my mind isn't occupied, it often wanders to after the mission and what it will be like. I'm getting a little trunky to be honest. I'm excited to be home with the family again and start school and all....but I don't want to come home. Life is hard, the fact that Elder Valdez goes home after next cycle isn't helping me any either. Ha-ha :) so thanks for the last line of your letter... “I pray for you all the time. I know as long as you are in God’s hands all is well no matter what happens. Keep working hard, your time isn’t done yet.”

Sounds like you've had a week! I have too! Elder Valdez and I were walking down the side of a rice field coming from bro. M-----'s house and a cow by the path went crazy! It chased us back to his house! We tried to go by again a few minutes later, but it started bucking like a bull and chased us again. Then we decided to walk through the rice field on one of the 9 inch wide foot paths. A bunch of kids saw the cow going crazy so while we were on the path in the rice field, they went to mess with it. There were like 10 kids without a single one above 9 years old. Next thing we know, all the kids bust out running in different directions with the cow bucking and going crazy ... hahaha :) dumb kids :)
anyway, Bro, M----- is a cool Find. One of Elder Valdez's referrals came to our area for the funeral of a family member. The RC gave us a referral as well so we went to talk to her to find out where the referral lived. When we went there, we met the mother (40+) Sister D----, of the girl who died. We shared with her a little about the Plan of Salvation. http://www.lds.org/topics/plan-of-salvation?lang=eng She stopped crying, looked extremely interested, and when I told her that she could be with her child again, she interrupted me and somewhat forcefully said "How?!" We set a return appointment with the intent to come back and teach her more. This past week when we got back, she wasn't there. Her boss in Hong Kong told her she had to come back to work. But we were able to meet the father when we went back this time. His reaction to our message was the same as his wife's. We are super excited to teach him! :)
So I don't know if I told you last week or not, but 4 of our investigators were baptized this past Saturday. All part member children/youth. I'm done with kids now though.

I love hearing about you doing missionary work. It’s amazing. I can only imagine what it’s going to be like to hear Eric doing this.
I love you! Keep it up!

-Elder Lundy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment